IGNORED

Bits is bits?

ST, I'm by nature an experimenter ... not a businessman. This must be screamingly obvious to most - and these days my energy levels go up and down; I not doing something to "impress people", I'm just having a go at nudging them out of their comfort zones, to act as a counter to most of the thinking in this audio game, 😉.

2 hours ago, fas42 said:

Strange. I thought the point of such forums was, in part, to discuss ways, and relate how oneself operated, to improve the listening experience - being tribal about such matters may make the individual feel better, but doesn't contribute much to the conversation, from where I'm sitting ...

I have no idea how "being tribal" relates to anything I've posted.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

44 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

DELETED

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

4 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Are you being serious, perchance ... ?

Blackmorec sees things quite differently in a number of areas,

blackmorec is the fas whisperer....of course you are the same posters.  Your absurdity and his post, somewhat later down the line but a more reasoned explanations of your efforts...

3 hours ago, fas42 said:

ST, I'm by nature an experimenter ... not a businessman. This must be screamingly obvious to most - and these days my energy levels go up and down; I not doing something to "impress people", I'm just having a go at nudging them out of their comfort zones, to act as a counter to most of the thinking in this audio game, 😉.

What gives you the privilege to nudge people when you do not have anything to show? You make absurd claims about reinventing the wheel and yet to show your wheel. 

48 minutes ago, wdw said:

blackmorec is the fas whisperer....of course you are the same posters.  Your absurdity and his post, somewhat later down the line but a more reasoned explanations of your efforts...

Garbage ! They are nothing alike.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

" isolation of the ground plane using ferrite beads to form a definite moat, this avoids any capacitive coupling between the input and the output. "

@Miska this is exactly what Hugo2 USB data input has and  Mojo's USB data input doesn't have - ground ferrite bead isolation.

Mojo came first. Safe to assume Mojo2 will have it.

That is not enough to fix Mojo's sensitivity to USB sources and cables. I've tried it with a USB cable that has ferrite bead.

It is not isolation, it is just a filter for high frequency noise. In isolated case you would have galvanic isolation (for example optical) between USB controller and rest of the DAC.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

17 minutes ago, Miska said:

I've tried it with a USB cable that has ferrite bead.

But is a USB cable with ferrite bead the same  as the ground plane ferrite bead to filter RF, that @marce mentions in that link?

He mentions:

" isolation of the ground plane using ferrite beads to form a definite moat, this avoids any capacitive coupling between the input and the output. "

And I know this is what Hugo2 has and Mojo doesn't have - on USB data input...

Hugo2 doesn't have galvanic isolation on it's USB input and doesn't have anywhere near Mojo's sensitivity.

Hugo2 does have ground plane ferrite bead on USB data input.

10 hours ago, sandyk said:

Of course, but how many people do you know that have suitable equipment and available musical content (NOT Movies) in their own homes ?  I  would be surprised if even a single reply to the affirmative would be received if you conducted a poll here.

Neither do I have an Apple 4K TV, and we shouldn't have to subscribe to Netflix etc. for access to this material

But it is a start in multi speaker experience... Try to look forward instead of backwards.

26 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

But is a USB cable with ferrite bead the same  as the ground plane ferrite bead to filter RF, that @marce mentions in that link?

Practically yes...

Hugo2 doesn't have galvanic isolation on it's USB input and doesn't have anywhere near Mojo's sensitivity.

I'm not going to buy it to find out, Mojo was already such a massive disappointment... I tried to find some use for it, but got sick and tired of eventually getting blasted by white noise every now and then, even when using something like iPhone as USB source and only playing simple 44.1k stream from Tidal.

isolation of the ground plane using ferrite beads to form a definite moat, this avoids any capacitive coupling between the input and the output.

That is not isolation by any stretch in my opinion. If ground plane has any connection, it is not isolated.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 minute ago, asdf1000 said:

Yes I quoted you from that link.

Yes I am sat at work and was going to post some more on that, but can't get to my source at the moment, due to network restrictions😁. Another option is having a USB island on the receiving board, with its own power etc. again isolated, that is a popular option when you have to provide USB but don't know whats going to be plugged in. Vehicle Comms for USA have that ability so they can play music on long drives,,,

The Chord Mojo looks an interesting choice at the moment, will look into it further as I need some new kit.

Just now, marce said:

Yes I am sat at work and was going to post some more on that, but can't get to my source at the moment, due to network restrictions😁. Another option is having a USB island on the receiving board, with its own power etc. again isolated, that is a popular option when you have to provide USB but don't know whats going to be plugged in. Vehicle Comms for USA have that ability so they can play music on long drives,,,

The Chord Mojo looks an interesting choice at the moment, will look into it further as I need some new kit.

Do you consider a USB cable with built-in ferrite bead to have the same HF noise/ RF filtering effectiveness as the ground plane ferrite bead method you describe in your link?

12 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Do you consider a USB cable with built-in ferrite bead to have the same HF noise/ RF filtering effectiveness as the ground plane ferrite bead method you describe in your link?

The whole point of isolation on board is because you never know what someone is going to plug in. So best to have both.  USB implementations on all kit varies, as do motherboards...

Reading on I;ll give the Mojo a miss...

31 minutes ago, Miska said:

That is not isolation by any stretch in my opinion. If ground plane has any connection, it is not isolated.

It is a filtered isolated island, not full Galvanic isolation, but a technique used quite often for inputs where you need some protection and often used in conjunction with other inputs so you have a moat. The same technique is used for forming a power island on a board, here the 0V's is contiguous, but the power to a device is often on its own power island connected by a Pi filter...

Its not true galvanic isolation but does help keep noise controlled.

13 minutes ago, marce said:

Reading on I;ll give the Mojo a miss...

For USB, better to wait for Mojo2 which will probably have the ground plane ferrite bead like it’s bigger brother Hugo2.

I have a Mojo and use it’s Toslink input.... zero incoming RF issues. And jitter is a non-issue...