IGNORED

Bits is bits?

Mr. Ed @EMM Labs we need your experience. Well I have a question, how is it possible that a USB cables can influence the SQ of a DAC? So it’s about printer usb cables vs audio designed usb cables.
Some people here think it is imaginary. Some people here think it is badly designed circuitry. What’s your thought on this?

If you do not want react in this thread that is okay most people here are very skeptical. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

4 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

No doubt the reason you post here, no? 🙂

No. I post for the common good. There is no evidence of ego in my posts. Your motivation for posting? Listening to your own voice? Someone's been unpleasant to you? Had a bad day? 

Take this site away and I wonder who the bullies would pick on, perhaps someone in the real world, so maybe it's safer here. Still ugly though.

I don't listen to MQA, currently mostly CDs.I stream FLAC. I think you meant Mr Meridian? Guilty, I bought a pair of digital active speakers in 1989, they still sound great.

I don't dislike it here, there are some really good guys here giving good information. There are also really offensive people who seem to be here just for that purpose, if they tried it in real life, they wouldn't get out of the playground. Safe space for abuse here.

Yes it's sort of your forum but it's a forum built on contributors, contributions, without them (including me) you haven't got much, a bunch of ads. Oh and the articles, mmmm.

I get help from this board, I also give back. That makes me a "paying member".

I visit, I call it as it see it. It takes a bit  more than those two lines to bait me. Give it another go?

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Hi John

I feel certain that this does not apply to the vast majority of members of this forum who came here to learn and obtain good advice  ,

or for that matter the companies in the SPONSORED Forum area, no matter what a couple of other members have insinuated in recent posts . 

Kind Regards

Alex

FWIW, agree... and...

I read "swindled" to mean non functioning, - and or, - non-delivery of purchased product. Or delivering a product that is not what is paid for.

Although this does happen, - it is super rare, - and although there is "troll-fodder" for these super rare cases like the Lexicon, and JPS Labs fiasco, - the industry has a pretty good record compared to other luxury good industries.

Also, - sadly, - this is more prevalent in the consumer audio, (junk), industry and computer industry, - especially computing accessories.

1 hour ago, marce said:

Between the flak, there have been some very informative posts from Miska, esldude and others, that have helped influence my view on USB DAC's, first rule a USB DAC needs a separate supply, VBUS down a cable for a DAC is not the best option.

A past life😀

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/278547-quick-audioquest-jitterbug-review.html#post4422711

I miss YashN in this forum

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/24275-ac-filtering-grounding-boxes-linear-psu-and-balanced-power/page/68/

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

15 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Or examining still photos taken with a hand held camera off of a TV screen? ;)

What does that have to do with actually LISTENING to Audio ?

People like yourself simply can't help themselves when it comes to first examining an Audio file before actually listening to it .  If that doesn't result in EXPECTATION BIAS then I don't know what does !

You have already made up your mind as to how it should sound and are thus highly unlikely to hear subtle differences.

Anyway, this kind of thing has already been done to death on numerous occasions already, so it's a waste of time further replying and I won't be doing so .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 minute ago, Rexp said:

Once you put Ralf11 and the other trolls on Ignore you'll find the whole AS experience greatly improved. 

I don't like the idea of putting any of them on ignore, as most of them from time to time post something that is of interest to me.

I was severely tempted with Donald though !

5 hours ago, RickyV said:

Mr. Ed @EMM Labs we need your experience. Well I have a question, how is it possible that a USB cables can influence the SQ of a DAC? So it’s about printer usb cables vs audio designed usb cables.
Some people here think it is imaginary. Some people here think it is badly designed circuitry. What’s your thought on this?

If you do not want react in this thread that is okay most people here are very skeptical. 

Please remember that music is born at the source. Most of the time a computer not designed for that purpose ...

Roch