IGNORED

Bits is bits?

2 hours ago, Miska said:

But Chord Mojo is one good example of a DAC that doesn't have that particular problem, but is extremely sensitive to noises coming from the USB cable...

Rob Watts has said he did extensive RF filtering on Mojo's power (microUSB) input, not as much on the data USB input.

He said for Hugo2 (which came later) he did extensive noise filtering on both USB inputs.

So one can probably expect a Mojo2 to do similar and be less sensitive to USB source.

3 minutes ago, Allan F said:

But, please, stop trying to convert and/or convince those who do hear differences and are happy with both their choice and expenditure. This topic has been thrashed to death for years on this site and has no need for a newbie resurrecting it.

Allan,  I have just shown very clearly that you only think there is a difference where there can not be one

I will conceed, however, that if you think you can hear a difference then to you there is a difference so buy the cable, you will enjoy it

31 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Thank god that idiot has gone

That’s against the rules here. No name calling. This isn’t the 3rd grade playground. 

27 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

again, I know that but I get passionate about these crooks preying on the gullible or misinformed.

In the UK we have strict advertising laws and a group of us are pooling our resources to get one of these companies to court

Stop trying to save adults from themselves. 

3 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

You missed alot of the thread. It was very important at the time as a lot of people were telling me that the can hear the differeence on different USB cables (impossible as shown)

The answer to the question demonstrated very clearly that the 'special' USB cables do exactly the same as cheap generic ones

If you have your answer, then stop posting. 

Why can’t you just believe what you believe and let others carry on with what they believe?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

I will conceed [sic], however, that if you think you can hear a difference then to you there is a difference so buy the cable, you will enjoy it

Your concession is as welcome and appreciated as your spelling. Bye forever!

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

2 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Can we have a reasoned summary

Some people think they hear a difference

Others believe their can be no difference

You still don't get it.

Many members are more than capable of demonstrating through their own systems under NON SIGHTED conditions, that there are audible differences between many USB cables despite there being no change in the actual Binary Data.

This is due to RF/EMI that is present along with the Binary Data that not all USB inputs are capable of fully rejecting.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That’s against the rules here. No name calling. This isn’t the 3rd grade playground. 

Scroll back and read ny next post that I sent immediately  (try to keep up)

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Stop trying to save adults from themselves. 

What a fine attitude.  You think lying to con people out of their hard earned cash is acceptable ?  Do you work for a cable company perhaps?

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you have your answer, then stop posting. 

I was being polite and answering somebodys question   (again, try to keep up)

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Again, if you’ve demonstrated this, then stop complaining. There’s nothing left to say on your part. 

I'm not complaining. Show me where I was complaining

Just now, sandyk said:

Many members are more than capable of demonstrating through their own systems under NON SIGHTED conditions, that there are audible differences between many USB cables despite there being no change in the actual Binary Data.

This is due to RF/EMI that is present along with the Binary Data that not all USB inputs are capable of fully rejecting.

Oh my god

You are still stuck on that psuedo science after I showed you that the data at the DAC  is exactly the same for any cable           wow

33 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

OK   Can I change that it would sound the same as "the flac when it was was digitised" ?

still maybe - did you not read the comments above re noise carried along the USB cable and its possible effect on SQ?

and... all DACs contain analog amplification stages, thus they could alter SQ just as any pre-amp could

you are correct about bit perfect transfer and the proliferation of charlatans in audio 

8 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Oh my god

You are still stuck on that psuedo science after I showed you that the data at the DAC  is exactly the same for any cable           wow

Several other members who are way more technically qualified than I am have said exactly the same thing to you.

You have proved nothing to anybody except yourself.

Please take the hint from Admin (The Computer Audiophile) on this matter.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Drug peddling and prostitution laws are similar but they also shouldn’t be laws. Saving adults from themselves shouldn’t be the job of Government nor should it be the job of people who want to preach to those who aren’t interested in listening. 

Your right to suspect and ask if there is a moralism underneath objective(istic) audio.  On the other hand, your responses has me noticing an aesthetic nihilism beneath libertarianism.  Nietzsche was an aesthetic (an anti-ethicist), and probably would have been a modern libertarian as well.  All this assumes, probably incorrectly, that libertarianism escapes moralism itself...

Never mind me, carry on 😉

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I originally came onto this site,  which was recommended to me, to find out where to spend my money in a system.

I already knew that all USB cables do the same thing and regardless of what some people believe that they can not 'enhance ' the audio (as I just showed)

I had been warned that 'audiophiles' will claim black is white to justify their nonsensical beliefs , but I was not ready for these idiots

All I have had is abuse from those who can not accept the truth about these cables. This site is so full of trolls it should be in Scandinavia and I rarely have met anybody as  downright rude and stupid as this AllanF .

And this The Computer Audiophile character seems to think that stealing from the gullible is ok (aha, no wonder he does, I have just found his connection with Audioquest) That would also explain his siding with the 'Golden Ears' brigade, (must keep your customers believing). .  

You should all start getting your childish remarks about me ready but remember, I am not the one who is going to waste $1,000 on a USB cable that does nothing more than a $10 cable and I am not going to spend $8,000 on an Ethernet cable that I can make myself to meet the same specifications for $5.

I was thinking of starting up a company to sell useless products like cables for 1,000% + markup and other garbage products like purifiers. But do you know what ? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night

Respect to the few sensible people here

I am out of this site to find one not run by somebody with an interest in keeping the fraud alive, as soon as I can work out how to

Farewell

6 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

I am out of this site to find one not run by somebody with an interest in keeping the fraud alive, as soon as I can work out how to

Farewell

The thing is, you'll be back because you simply will not be able to help yourself....I mean this in the best possible way 😉

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!