IGNORED

Bits is bits?

30 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Forget the cables and read up on communications protocols, particularly those dealing with audio (or anything else for that matter)

In your scenario Internation telephone conversations would grind to a halt, All IP telephony would stop ,you wouldn't be able to talk on Skype or Whatsapp.  The protocols used allow all of these systems to use audio ( and video) with no problems

You had me until this post...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

11 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

What Miska has patiently and clearly exposed ; but you obviously don't read but just are eager to claim your point. 

Actualy, during my time designing networks for some of the world's major banks, I have written far more on the subject than I have read. I did read it. It was wrong.     Any answers to my question yet

44 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Forget the cables and read up on communications protocols, particularly those dealing with audio (or anything else for that matter)

In your scenario Internation telephone conversations would grind to a halt, All IP telephony would stop ,you wouldn't be able to talk on Skype or Whatsapp.  The protocols used allow all of these systems to use audio ( and video) with no problems

Mansr and Miska are talking about a use of a particular internet cable in a domestic environment. The protocols do not allow for the voltage drop that can be generated across the screen, causing issues. The right cable for the right job, domestic Ethernet is not really geared up for screens yet. 

I think this will cover the issues and use of such cable:

https://customcable.ca/stp-vs-utp-cables-application-comparison/

7 minutes ago, marce said:

Mansr and Miska are talking about a use of a particular internet cable in a domestic environment. The protocols do not allow for the voltage drop that can be generated across the screen, causing issues. The right cable for the right job, domestic Ethernet is not really geared up for screens yet. 

One more time,       the bits received will be the bits that were sent. The protocols do not care about the cables and voltage drops and do not care if you are in a domestic environment, a major bank or, the space station

Did I receive that packet correctly?    No I didn't.    Hey, can you send it again

That is why I am suggesting reading up on these protocols

Any answers to my question on USB audio  yet?      anybody?

8 hours ago, mansr said:

Why not? He seems a hell of a lot more trustworthy than, say, John Swenson or Ted Denney.

A typical catty remark from  the resident Troll .>:(

Clearly, John Swenson knows way more than you do in  this area and more than likely has way more practical experience in many other areas that you lack. Jealous perhaps ?

Green Eyed Monster.png

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 hours ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Some fascinating stuff Miska but I asked for just one thing

How does a USB cable change the sound of the audio that has been digitised like some people believe is possible.

No takers so far.   I wonder why?     :)

Perhaps they have all conceded that it is plain impossible

Perhaps you have already managed to appear on a few IGNORE lists ? :D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Yup the guys who swear they can hear a difference but will not listen to reason, logic and the truth

You are so out of touch with the REAL world these days that it is embarrassing.

A.S. member George Graves is probably as experienced as you are in many areas, yet he finds that typical USB sounds shitty in comparison with even the Toslink that he uses. However, George is not only well qualified in this area but also reviews HiFi products, as well as professionally recording Classical Music.

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

You are so out of touch with the REAL world these days that it is embarrassing.

Oh Dear Sandy.  You are the one embarrassing himself with wild speculation and absolutely no knowledge of the subject

I know more on the subject than you or your buddy George will ever know.

A USB cable can not and never will enhance the audio being passed over it in digital format

Care to answer my question

4 minutes ago, esldude said:

It actually was a simple functional certified 2.0 USB cable from a Lenovo laptop.  The clock of the DAC is being effected by the USB connection.  I'm not claiming the bits are changed.  Only that without changing the bits it is possible to have the analog result altered.  It happens with poor incompetently designed handling of the USB input to the DAC.  

Dennis

There are undoubtedly many DACs out there with similar problems, often due to the use of a generic USB Input implementation.

Perhaps the bean counters have way too much influence ?

I even found a 5M long USB cable that was supposed to  meet USB 2.0 specifications that had no shield whatsoever when I went to make it into 2 separate cables !!!  :o

Alex

10 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

A USB cable can not and never will enhance the audio being passed over it in digital format

Yet once again you are putting words into my mouth that I have never claimed .

Do you have a short term memory problem ?

George isn't my buddy, however he is a well respected E.E .who has a great deal of experience in the ultra high frequency cable area (and above) with years of experience with  IBM IIRC.

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Dennis

There are undoubtedly many DACs out there with similar problems, often due to the use of a generic USB Input implementation.

Perhaps the bean counters have way too much influence ?

I even found a 5M long USB cable that was supposed to  meet USB 2.0 specifications that had no shield whatsoever when I went to make it into 2 separate cables !!!  :o

Alex

I have a number of XMOS and Amanero USB receiver-based devices. None of them suffer from USB noise, except for the old Emotiva XDA-2, which appears to be using a Cmedia CM6631 receiver.

10 hours ago, DonaldT2109 said:

This is where you are going completely wrong. This is where a lot of people have their huge, huge misunderstanding.

The analogue signal is not carrying any audio. The analogue signal is transporting the bitstream of digitally encoded audio

You cannot possibly affect the quality of the source audio by reducing distortion on the analogue signal. Can you really not understand this ?

<Sigh> ... dopey me, I assumed people reading what I said would understand that I was referring to the analogue signal at the point of conversion from digital to analogue, and following - not the analogue qualitities of the waveforms transporting the digital signal.

Remind me to use words of one syllable or less, next time ...