IGNORED

Bits is bits?

4 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Darko can't be an "influencer" without some allegiance to the manufacturers.  While I'll admit that some internet culture passes me by, I'm pretty sure an "influencer" is just someone who gets page views and free stuff from the companies they help.

I'm surprised by the people with blogs who are so proud to be "influencers".  Hey they have influence.  And thru freebies and other methods that influence has value.  And most of them probably pedal the influence they "created".  After all who influences the influencers?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

How many here bother to read the Blogs in this forum ?

I take spells reading them from time to time.  Mostly don't.  Some interesting.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

3 hours ago, marce said:

If bits aren't bits what are they then?

meta-bits susceptible to meta-problems.  

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/pages/bits-is-bits

This is what is in the Darko article.  I guess a cursory view of it I didn't realize it was lifted verbatim from AQ.  Not surprised. 

I wonder when Audioquest will come out with Audiophile wireless.  Not the wire or cable, but wireless.  Maybe in the form of a waveguide?  We know them bits ain't bits all by themselves. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Rexp said:

In a system where chain is phone>upnp streamer>dac. Why does Tidal app sound inferior to mconnect app, given same bits? 

Does it sound different?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DonaldT2109 said:

Hoorah !. At last somebody who realises that the cable doesn't know it is audio and therefore can not possibly 'enhance'  the music which has been encoded into a bit stream

Exactly how does the cable reformatt and purify the digital stream?  

OMG    Pleae don't tell me that you think an expensive HDMI cable can improve picture quality

Actually no. I clearly know more about data and audio transmission than most of the respondants. You can abuse me as much as you like, but it will not make me into somebody is so out of touch with reality that he will spend next years vaccation money on a cable that does absolutely nothing more than my $10 cable and then try to justify it bu telling everybody that the violins "sound more alive"

------

Iso Regens ????    Presumably this piece of audiofoolery makes the ones and zeros look cleaner

Comparing USB audio to my water supply ? Why not compare it to a box of frogs?

Oh, and the single malt whisky and water comparison is one of the funniest things I have read for ages  ( I am assuming it was meant as a joke)

1110011 = 1110011           111111111=111111111  etc etc      get it.   Drag yourselves out of analogue and try to understand digital

I  notice nobody can explain how this fragile bitstream survives the 2 miles journey to my house as an audio signal

Sorry guys,  I thank you for your time but I'm out of here looking for a forum here they actually know how audio transmission works.

I suggest you do some reading up on how sound is digitised, transmitted and then restored to audio

See ya

You could try www.audiosciencereview.com for a more rational audio forum.

This is a good forum, but believers gotta believe stories on here sometimes at Audiophile Style.

5 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

But you and all of the cable companies and reviewers on kickbacks all claim that these cables clean the signal

... and what is leaving my USB port is a bit for bit digital encoding of my music. it is the cable which transports it !!!!

So what the reviewer should have said is that he was using different sources on different PCs or music servers on differeent USB ports............... in which case the review is useless (even though we already know it is)

One more time        How does the USB cable adjust the bit stream to, for example  make "The soundstage (is) large with excellent width and depth"     still waiting for an answer

And by definition if it changes smoothness or soundstage or detail or apparent frequency balance it must be changing the analog output of the DAC.  But do they provide measurements showing that?  Nope.  Hearing is complex, and you can hear it if you just believe.  Or so the tale goes.  A quite lucrative tale it has turned out. 

19 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Right here on another thread. 

So this explanation that tells us the eye patterns shows there are signal differences on USB, but that one can't use the eye pattern to determine what differences in sound will result.  But trust John, he has it figured out.  

Okay here is a long thread with measurements of what a Regen does.  Along with one DAC where a Regen makes a measureable and beneficial difference in the analog output of the DAC.  It is a lousy DAC, but it shows what a Regen can accomplish.  Most DACs don't need or benefit from what a Regen does, but some can.  

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/uptone-iso-regen-review-and-measurements.1829/

4 minutes ago, DonaldT2109 said:

How the hell is it nauseating ?????   What method ? How many methods are there of asking a question ?

I asked an important question a while ago and nobody will answer it

What is the problem other than it will prove that A USB cable can not possibly affect the audio.

I really don't understand how people still beleve these crooks, even after being caught red handed cheating at an A/B test,  when they say thar their ultra-expensive cables can improve the audio

Ultra expensive USB cables aren't necessary nor even likely helpful even in the worst cases.  However, with poor design it is possible for the USB cable to alter the analog output.  So yes it is possible.  Expensive cables aren't the answer, and with most gear doesn't happen.  But it is possible. 

Look here for measured proof of that. 

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-usb-audio-cables-make-a-difference.1887/