bobbmd

The Dead the very best LIVE version of UJB

Rate this topic

With respect to ‘the days between’ this year would like to poll y’all as what this august body  feels is best live version of Uncle John’s Band don’t know if this is correct forum or if general forum or music in general is best but will ask it on all 3

Apparently this year is release of one their great concerts June 17th at Giants Stadium with Bruce Hornsby on keyboard on TIDAL , Qobuz and even ‘motherboard’ tapes on archives.org(where the whole concert is available) sound fantastic so i vote for this version must be Hornsby on keyboard the harmonies are great so please post since Jerry’s birthday and death anniversary are on us(as well as the MICK with Thurmans death anniversary last week)

bobbmd

I dunno - but I do have 37 versions of it ripped... (includes 2 cover versions).

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

55 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

With respect to ‘the days between’ this year would like to poll y’all as what this august body  feels is best live version of Uncle John’s Band don’t know if this is correct forum or if general forum or music in general is best but will ask it on all 3

Apparently this year is release of one their great concerts June 17th at Giants Stadium with Bruce Hornsby on keyboard on TIDAL , Qobuz and even ‘motherboard’ tapes on archives.org(where the whole concert is available) sound fantastic so i vote for this version must be Hornsby on keyboard the harmonies are great so please post since Jerry’s birthday and death anniversary are on us(as well as the MICK with Thurmans death anniversary last week)

bobbmd

Soundboard, probably? BTW, bt dot etree dot org has enormous selection of SDB and matrix recordings.

Was never able to select favorite version of GD's songs. When tens or hundreds versions available and almost each of them has its own uniqueness. 

I have a little heart by the one on Dick's 31 (1974).

Indigo Girls cover on Deadicated is good.

30 Trips has one form Dijon...

* for SQ the later ones will be better; toward the end of the Dicks Picks series they started using Plangent processing (~~2008) which makes a bigger difference than a fab. USB cable...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Don't pre-order from dead.net.  I did this recently, and it turned into a Kafkaesque world of hurt that made dealing with HDTracks look inviting by comparison.

--

Do facts matter?

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

Don't pre-order from dead.net.  I did this recently, and it turned into a Kafkaesque world of hurt that made dealing with HDTracks look inviting by comparison.

+1. I had a problem with Dead.net several weeks ago after loosing accidentally some of downloads previously purchased from them. They not only were not able to provide the tracks for re-downloading, they seem not to keep details of previous purchases or were not able to find and provide it. Will hesitate to buy again there.