IGNORED

iFi iUSB 1st version

Viktor

Question

Hi fellows,

I have one spare iFi iUSB Power unit somewhere collecting dust and haven’t been using it for quite some time. 

There is also one iFi Gemini two-headed cable around with it. 

Are these items totally anachronous or they can be put in use by any chance?I remember using some with Audiophilleo 2 and they sounded awesome! That was long time ago when I used to have  MHDT Stockholm DAC. Now I can’t seem to use it with any sort of equipment with exception of iFi DSD Nano. Right now my setup  is very complex and includes Iggy ana 1, Denafrips Pontus and Roon endpoint on advanced and upgraded Mac mini. 

Any my comment is welcome. 

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thank you sir!

8 hours ago, Viktor said:

Hi fellows,

I have one spare iFi iUSB Power unit somewhere collecting dust and haven’t been using it for quite some time. 

There is also one iFi Gemini two-headed cable around with it. 

Are these items totally anachronous or they can be put in use by any chance?I remember using some with Audiophilleo 2 and they sounded awesome! That was long time ago when I used to have  MHDT Stockholm DAC. Now I can’t seem to use it with any sort of equipment with exception of iFi DSD Nano. Right now my setup  is very complex and includes Iggy ana 1, Denafrips Pontus and Roon endpoint on advanced and upgraded Mac mini. 

Any my comment is welcome. 

The purpose of our iUSB was to sort USB pipeline, so as long as you go to your DAC via USB, our iUSB can be easily used in there. If this answer is too nebulous, please post your setup and its connections so we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Hi and thanks for reply! 

I know about the the purpose and cleaning of USB signal while giving it clean 5v supply. 

Here how it is: while connected to iFI iDSD nano I can take either digital signal (SPDIF) or analog signal out of RCAs. 

It seems dead when trying to connect:

- to singxer Su-1

- Denafrips DAC

- Pro-Ject D2 Pre S2

I wonder about benefits in using it with microRendu, too (if possible). 

Thanks in advance