IGNORED

Broken Allo Shanti - Dead On Arrival

I got my digione signature and Shanti today. The Shanti is obvious a borken one. It has HEAVY components (transformer core) loosened and sliding inside (not only screws slidings, you can feel and hear when you rotate it). There are also screws and plastic components falled out from Shanti.  I have not tried connecting it into socket due to safety consideration . 

How  was the Shanti packaged?. Hope you can get a replacement. ALLO NOT off to a good start with this new product. I'll be watching to see how this is handled by ALLO.

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

11 hours ago, greyscale said:

How  was the Shanti packaged?. Hope you can get a replacement. ALLO NOT off to a good start with this new product. I'll be watching to see how this is handled by ALLO.

Hi,

Can you please share your order number.

We suspect the damage caused in shipment.We will take care and will ask our sales team for replacing the unit.

Forwarded on PM please check

Vibration can undo bolts as I discovered this weekend when the alternator detached from my boat engine (pivot bolt unscrewed). You would assume the transformer was fixed in place very well.

As it happens I bought a second hand unit (Meridian) and the LPS in that wasn't adequately fixed, came loose and bounced around inside during shipping not pretty. Fairly easy fix though but transformers need fixing well. Almost goes without saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Moritz said:

I have the same situation: I received 2 Shanti and Allo DigiOne Signature today.

One pair is working perfectly - really happy with that.

One Shanti is unfortunately dead on arrival (I cross tested to confirm).

Allo - please advise on replacement!

Sorry for inconvenience caused

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, gojirin said:

Ordered 7/31.

DOA unit delivered 8/15 (not 9/15 as above).

9/19 update. After inquiry on where the heck the replacement was, it's gone missing.  Re/replacement being shipped from unnamed reseller in Chicago.

Really, at this point I can only laugh and wait.

Our sales team forwarded email to your email ID ,please check

Shanti arrived this morning - the #3 unit. Checked unloaded to make sure the lights were going on and then tested for voltage

issues. No problem.

Planning on letting it run awhile  being fed with the Digione Sig before any serious listening, but just off the bat there sure seems

to be better dynamics(compared with the wall wart and battery supply).

One question - an hour and 15 minutes after shutdown, the unit was still discharging(1.25ish volts). Normal?

AND one criticism. Unit #3 arrived without any of the wires and etc. This left the power supply to rattle around the box with nothing

to hold it in place. Not good shipping practice.