IGNORED

Tidal setup on Windows 10 OS

Audioseduction

Question

I currently have a dedicated Windows 10 PC running JRiver as my music server. I would like to setup Tidal on it and remote control Tidal from my ipad. Is it possible?

My Dedicated 2CH System Gallery

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers

Powered By Balanced Power Technologies - UpTone Audio JS-2 Linear Power Supply - CyberPower Sinewave UPS

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, SJK said:

I believe Tidal has a 30 day free trial.  I can’t think of a reason it wouldn’t work.  What, specifically is your concern?  

With Tidal running on my Wiodows PC, I like to be sitting down in the listening chair with my Ipad and remote control Tidal from their. Not to having to get up to make my selections on the PC.

My Dedicated 2CH System Gallery

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers

Powered By Balanced Power Technologies - UpTone Audio JS-2 Linear Power Supply - CyberPower Sinewave UPS

1 hour ago, SJK said:

I believe there is a way, have a look at the post below from the JRiver support forums.  

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=113237.0

That thread only talks about:

- either routing the Windows TIDAL Desktop app's audio output through JRiver running on the same Windows machine (via the JRiver supplied WDM Driver). So, nothing to do with OP's requirement of controlling the Windows TIDAL Desktop app track selections & playback remotely from an iPad;

- or using a TIDAL supporting UPnP/DLNA controller app's own user interface on a tablet/smartphone (eg the BubbleUPnP Android app) to make TIDAL track selections & get JRiver's built-in DLNA renderer on the Windows computer to play them via UPnP/DLNA streaming (MQA track decoding not supported). Again, nothing to do with controlling the Windows TIDAL Desktop app track selections remotely from an iPad.

Having said that, using remote desktop software (such as Google Chrome's, or UltraVNC , or Remote Utilities, etc) should get the iPad to remote control the TIDAL Desktop app on the Windows 10 computer and also be able to be combined with the WDM Driver to route the audio through JRiver, as mentioned in that thread.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

12 hours ago, Cebolla said:

That thread only talks about:

- either routing the Windows TIDAL Desktop app's audio output through JRiver running on the same Windows machine (via the JRiver supplied WDM Driver). So, nothing to do with OP's requirement of controlling the Windows TIDAL Desktop app track selections & playback remotely from an iPad;

- or using a TIDAL supporting UPnP/DLNA controller app's own user interface on a tablet/smartphone (eg the BubbleUPnP Android app) to make TIDAL track selections & get JRiver's built-in DLNA renderer on the Windows computer to play them via UPnP/DLNA streaming (MQA track decoding not supported). Again, nothing to do with controlling the Windows TIDAL Desktop app track selections remotely from an iPad.

Having said that, using remote desktop software (such as Google Chrome's, or UltraVNC , or Remote Utilities, etc) should get the iPad to remote control the TIDAL Desktop app on the Windows 10 computer and also be able to be combined with the WDM Driver to route the audio through JRiver, as mentioned in that thread.

Yes but.......doesn’t the thread mention JRemote?  That’s how you control JRiver from an iPad.  

???

Not, sure what the relevance is bringing up JRemote which also happens to be mentioned (for something else) in that thread.

Yes, that is how you control JRiver from an iPad, but JRemote cannot be used to select & play TIDAL tracks on the TIDAL Desktop app running on the same Windows 10 machine as JRiver - which is what the OP here requires!

Or are you saying that thread says otherwise?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox