IGNORED

Boss 1.0, Isolator 1.0, New Shanti

Hello,

I recently received my new Shanti, and am trying to get it to work with my RPi 3B+, Allo Boss (v1.0, Inv.# 002875), and Isolator (v1.0, Inv # 003049). I am using MoOde 5.3.1 as the plaeyer software.

When I play someting, I get a very distorted/noisy version of the music with a constant hashy background. I'm using the 3.0 amp section into the micro USB on the RPi, and the 1.0 amp section into the barrel connector on the Isolator. My next task, I think is to attach the ground point on the Shanti to somewhere on the Isolator or the Boss. Can you quide me here.

Thanks,   Skip Pack

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I lost the thread from Allo on this subject, so I'm replying here. I have my network back and functioning well with the RPi3B+ and Boss on top using MoOde. The noise persists with the Isolator added and the Shanti powering both tthe Rpi and the Isolator. Powering down and then powering up again with only the RPi connected to the Shanti results in error messages via MoOde that indicates that no ourput device is found, which is what I suspected.

I then substituted my linear power supply (Tubecad) on the RPi, and tried again. The same noise occurs with two supplies (Shanti on the Isolator), and the lack of an output device is indicated when the Isolator/Boss are not connected to the Shanti. It is consistent that there is no noise when no data is being sent to the Boss. 

I have tried the Isolator with the switches controlling the master/slave relationship, and there is only music, however noisy, when it is set to the Master position.

I also hooked up a wire the the Shanti grounde post and touched the output rca grounds while noisy music is playing.

Thanks for you attention to this.