IGNORED

set up Roon storage path SonicTransporter, NAS

MbraHam

Question

Hi there, I've been running Roon on a sonictransporter for quite some time using minimserver, with all my music stored on a synology NAS. Since recent, for some reason I kept losing my library and in an attempt to overcome this, I was trying to bypass the minimserver as I understand it's not needed anyway. I can't seem to get it working though. Can someone describe what I need to enter in the ROON storage settings so I can start using the app again. 

Here's my setup:

Music on a dedicated folder on the Synology NAS. 

Roon runs on the sonictransporter

an Auralic Aries then acts as my server which then goes to my DAC and on towards amp. 

connections all wired to the same router using ethernet cables. 

probably something simple, yet for this user, it appears to have been too challenging.. any help is well appreciated!

thx,

M

Auralic Aries - Antelope Zodiac Gold/Voltikus - Crystal Reference Diamond - Pathos TT - Crystal micro - Rogers LS3/5a

4 answers to this question

@MbraHam - i do the same thing. in roon, click on settings > storage. then click on "add folder" and enter either the path to your folder on the nas.

image.thumb.png.a246a7d59c09631a059e398623383046.png

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

thanks @JCN3 and sorry for the late response on my side. for some reason your setup does not appear to work for me. I'll have to do some more digging. I'm using MAC, so did use the SMB version, yet to no avail (yet). I'll reach out to small green computer as well, to ensure I've got things set up correctly from that end. 

Auralic Aries - Antelope Zodiac Gold/Voltikus - Crystal Reference Diamond - Pathos TT - Crystal micro - Rogers LS3/5a