IGNORED

Staying on topic

Is there any desire by the collected here to develop a norm of staying on topic and to self govern when people go off topic?

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

Why? Going off topic if fun...... :D

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

There's already an Off-Topic button. I pushed it on your post just to call your attention to this feature. 😁

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

28 minutes ago, SJK said:

Ooh, that reminds me - I need to get that front lawn mowed and spread some weed & feed.  What kind do you guys like to use?

Check back with me in three years. I'm conducting a double blind test.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

5 hours ago, thotdoc said:

Is there any desire by the collected here to develop a norm of staying on topic and to self govern when people go off topic?

The only forums that I've seen stay on topic have very different moderation than this one. The OP can do this here to a certain extent, but then members might kill and eat him to gain his power.

2 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

🐑

Weed. 🐐

Feed. 🐔

Mow. 🐑

Here in the prairie land wild grasses and flowers left untended are an acceptable alternative for streetside expanses. 

Land of 10,000 Lakes and 100's of Trillions of gallons of fresh water polluted by fertilizer and pest control.

WATCH OUT, it’s a trap. 🥺 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

2 hours ago, SJK said:

Ooh, that reminds me - I need to get that front lawn mowed and spread some weed & feed.  What kind do you guys like to use?

I grind up organic Bubinga wood audio equipment cases and then add some ground metal from golf putters for the essential nutrients.

I get it, 'the group' does not want to stay on topic.

Thank you for responding. 

I was willing to try because of the experience I have related my other hobby. I race a Porsche in SCCA and the related websites, of SCCA, PCA, and Pelican Parts, provide thousands of threads related to car preparation and maintenance...all self governing related to staying very much on topic. When I need information, I get it from engineers and racers without having to read through everyone's MM. 

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

14 minutes ago, thotdoc said:

I get it, 'the group' does not want to stay on topic.

Thank you for responding. 

I was willing to try because of the experience I have related my other hobby. I race a Porsche in SCCA and the related websites, of SCCA, PCA, and Pelican Parts, provide thousands of threads related to car preparation and maintenance...all self governing related to staying very much on topic. When I need information, I get it from engineers and racers without having to read through everyone's MM. 

The problem was that you posted a very specific query , where very few members would have had direct experience with.

I still believe that for the Audio side at least, that you should consider the possibility of using direct battery power without conversion to A.C. if at all possible. You would need to get some custom built gear though.

This would also ensure that in a mains outage that you would still have DC power for at least lighting and a few other areas instead of not being able to use solar power during the length of the outage.

This assumes that you are legally forced to connect to the A.C. mains supply though, in order to inject surplus requirements back into the Grid ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

You would need to get some custom built gear though.

This would also ensure that in a mains outage that you would still have DC power for at least lighting and a few other areas instead of not being able to use solar power during the length of the outage.

Alex, what could be hot these days (at least it would be my very subject) is that the battery will supply you 240V (48V actually) for 2days, and that when it is cloudy on top of it.

This is not so much about "custom built gear", although I am considering that. These systems just exist but are not common in general circles (in solar power circles there are more common by now).

Of course I don't use a roof for a couple of solar panels. It requires "terrain".

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)