brad225

Coaxial to Ethernet Conversion

Rate this topic

I currently have an ActionTec coax to ethernet converter. It is cable to handle up to 250 mbps one direction and 175 mbps bi-directional. 

The internet speed on the dedicated laptop that controls my music system shows a speed of 99 mbps that I am quite happy with. 

My question is whether there are higher quality converters that may improve streaming and download sound quality?

Thanks

Are you concerned about bandwidth?  The physical layer usually doesn't have an impact except for the bandwidth.

image.png.bc53bf4707c0c21be1f5a10dd55d5363.png

"Let's pick a tune and get out of this mess"  - Earl Scruggs

"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind ... " - Duke Ellington

Thanks Soothsayerman. The reality is I am a crazy audiophile that wants to be sure when I down or stream hi-res music that I am not corrupting my file as it arrives. I don't know if there is a better unit for the conversion than the Actiontec unit I am using. It may be a speed or bandwidth or just quality of build I am trying to figure out. There may not be any real issue here just irrational thoughts. 🙂

As for the table you posted. I have no idea what it is telling me. Is there some place I can go to find a description of it. 

Thanks again,

Brad

In case Soothsayerman left the building :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model

Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

It really depends on your chain. I am using an Actiontec coax to Ethernet and I am getting my rated speed but my Router is a 1 GBs Asus. You want your chain rated higher than your throughput.

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Audio Research SP-16

Amplification - Kenwood L-07M Monoblocks

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Cables: MIT speaker cables and DiMarzio Interconnects