IGNORED

Euphony vs Foobar2000, Audirvana or Volumio

jjivanian

Question

Hi,

Has anyone had the chance to compare SQ for Euphony Stylus vs Foobar2000, Audirvana or Volumio

I used to use Audirvana in MAC but switched to Foobar2000 a year ago Core mode, audiophile optimizer, process lasso, happy with my sound ATM

A friend  has been experimenting with Euphony Stylus who was using Foobar2000 same as above setup... is saying that it surpasses the foobar2000 by far

Can anyone else confirm this? Any other info would highly be appreciated...

Thanks,

John

4 answers to this question

You may want to consider JRiver Media Center as well.  There's a lot of support embedded in the program for home theater connections, line level pass through, internet music sources etc. but you can simplify the program by setting it for Audio Only Mode.

Many of us have been using it for years, it's a "bit perfect" music player once properly setup.  

Hi John - Euphony is free to try for a month, you could compare it with any other player you wish. I never tried Foobar outside of Windows, and as I am not using it for many years I have no idea how it may be compared. However, I would prefer Euphony over Audirvana. Still, it is very much related to whole audio set and personal preferences. HQPlayer desktop on mac mini with Audiolinux on NAA endpoint sounds good to me.