IGNORED

Solar charged battery system providing electricity for audio system

Such risks are hardly "well documented."

"The body of evidence, in the committee's judgment, has not demonstrated that exposure to power-frequency electric and magnetic fields is a human-health hazard. However, some epidemiologic data support an association between surrogate measurements of magnetic fields and an increased risk of childhood leukemia."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232740/

• 2 weeks later...

Jud - do you have a cite to the law on that?

Also, I suspect it is measured at the source or a sub-station.  Possibly, a noise source could be down the block from your house (or in an adjoining apt.) and mess up your AC line, yet remain undetected at the measurement point (assuming there actually are measurements, and not just a technology based estimate the way air pollution sources are treated).

I suspect the conclusion is correct however - noise (if it exists and affects your SQ at all) is likely coming from inside your own house.

Thx - the PUC has not measured anything at my house.  I think we have a specification that is not tested.  Maybe it doesn't need to be tested, but I don't know.

I do think it would be interesting, if not useful, to run a system (or at least the DAC) off of pure DC, and that we will see more of that in the future.

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

While yes a wood burning fireplace is romantic...  I think it is also an important safety backup in a Minnesota winter. Having an empty tank of propane and 4 feet of snow on the roads preventing a fill up is a real concern.

which one is Sven, and which Ollie?

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I’m Sven wife is Ollie. 

😂

I meant wood vs. propane...

BTW, a neighborhood neurologist and her husband built a 'green' house (super-insulated, etc.) and bought a Swedish stove that burns twigs - it heats their entire house.  It has insulated walls about a foot thick.