IGNORED

Solar charged battery system providing electricity for audio system

3 hours ago, marce said:

Its not the DC that's the problem its how you generate the AC, basically its a fixed frequency amplifier of 120V/60Hz with in this case a 400V input... So you need a source for your 60Hz, a nice sine wave, then how do you amplify it... Your 120Vs is about 170 peak so where does the excess go, or do you chop and reduce before the conversion to sine...

Its all this that can create noise.

How its designed is what makes the difference, multi layer heavy copper, buss bar designs with filtering are best... 

Where you don't  need to be connected to the A.C. grid, a far better alternative may be to use DC instead ?
 Valve amplifiers for example can work well directly off 400V DC with perhaps series connected heaters and appropriate voltage regulation. It's also easy to generate small local -VE rail supplies where needed.
 Lighting can be run off DC as well. Perhaps it's time to introduce a range of devices for Off Grid homes that are specifically designed to work directly from a D.C. source, assuming that this isn't already happening  ?

Early street lighting was run from a D.C. supply.

P.S.

400V D.C. is dangerous, just like an A.C. mains supply.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

It would also put special constraints on my due illegal distillery. I mean, do you see me asking that Aussie supplier/manufacturer for a 48V appliance ? If it were an American Smoker BBQ it would be an other thing.

Even things like electric blankets would be better off using a D.C. supply .

Do we REALLY want to be sleeping on top of a 50/60HZ magnetic field  ?

There is also the well documented risks of exposure to nearby high voltage A.C. transmission lines.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

17 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

However, some epidemiologic data support an association between surrogate measurements of magnetic fields and an increased risk of childhood leukemia."

Given that my father died from Leukaemia when I was 5 years old, and a female family member on my father's side of the family suffered from Leukaemia when young ,  I am well aware of this research, which is exactly why I mentioned it.

6 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Speaking of motor vehicles...  I bet you could find a pretty nice 12 V DC amp in a Lexus, MB Maytag, or a Rolls.  IIRC, Lexus uses a JBL system that is custom designed for them.

Please enlighten me as to how you can obtain any more than a few watts of power into a 12V car's typical 4 ohm speakers without the use of converters typically using MosFets for switching, to step up the voltages to more typical of those used in a home system.