I have long thought about getting a LAN-isolators from either SOtM, Acoustic Revive or Pink Faun, but actually never did. I was mostly interested in the one from Acoustic Revive, because it come with a cable at one side. It was until I read some reviews about SOtM’s LAN-isolators.

Now we also have the JCAT NET isolator that cost less than the other ones. I like to know if anyone has any personal experience with a LAN-isolators they want to share, good or bad. A compare between different LAN-isolators and LAN isolators at different places in the digital chain would be even better.

Marcin wrote:  

I use the NET Isolator with my single PC setup in 2 scenarios:

1) between the router and the JCAT NET FEMTO. The Ethernet cable from the router to the NET Isolator is not audio-grade. The cable from the NET Isolator to the PC with JCAT NET is JCAT Signature. The last 1m of the cable is crucial, similar to power cords. 

2) between the router and the M12 SWITCH MAGIC or GOLD. Then the switch connects directly to the JCAT NET Card FEMTO. 

Note that music does NOT have to be streamed over network - the improvement in sound quality is always as long as your audio PC/music server is connected to the network. 

I can recommend the NET Isolator to anyone who is not interested in buying expensive network switch such as the M12 SWITCH GOLD / MAGIC. I'd recommend investing in one short (1m) audio-grade ethernet cable, the best possible you can afford and use this ethernet cable to connect your PC/music server with the NET Isolator. This combination, depending on the quality of the Ethernet cable, will not offer the same level of performance as the expensive M12 SWITCH GOLD / MAGIC, but can offer the performance that is not too far away. 

https://jcat.eu/product/net-isolator/

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/3019-net-isolator/  

56 minutes ago, Matias said:

I got my Acoustic Revive Lan Isolator this week and it has been a great upgrade. Cleaned up mids, diminished sibilances and crash bells, improved decays and microdynamics. No major shift in tonality. Makes for a calmer playback that makes you wish to turn up the volume. I know there are probably better performing isolators out there (GigaFOIL v4) but its price + power supply is much higher.

The Acoustic Revive was used on the input of the ultraRendu + Ghent Gotham DC + LPS-1.2 followed by ISO Regen + Ghent Gotham DC + LPS-1.

IMG_20190725_212035.jpg

Thank you for sharing Matias. Nice to read that you are pleased with the result.

I guess it’s too soon for anybody to really know how well the JCAT NET isolator will stand up against the Acoustic Revive LAN Isolator or SOtM. I have had good experience with JCAT’s products in the past and I am tempted to try their new NET Isolator, which will cost me a lot less than the other alternatives. I can get two JCAT isolator for the price of one SOtM or Acoustic Revive. I wonder if not two LAN isolators would be even better 😜. One between my switch and JCAT LAN card and one between my switch and ultraRendu.

• Summit changed the title to LAN-isolators