IGNORED

Article: Volumio Primo review

Thanks, interesting product. I enjoyed the review but at least one sonic comparison would have been nice. Or do you believe that all streamers sound the same?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

35 minutes ago, matthias said:

The Volumio Primo faces certainly some strong competition with the both upcoming Allo USBridge Signature and Allo Revolution USB-DAC.

Further competition for around 1k is the Lindemann Limetree streamer plus DAC.

Also Pro-Ject Stream Box S2, SOtM sMs-200 & Sonore microRendu. Even the little Raspberry Pi has upped its game with the 4th version.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

5 hours ago, Bill_G said:

Since it's a streamers role to deliver content bit perfectly, they should all sound the same, and if this one fails at such a task, then it's broken... 🤣

I assume you are saying this based on "scientific" theory and not actual listening experience? 🙄

I use Chromecast Audio, Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and SOtM sMs-200 streamers. I can assure you that none are broken, and none sound alike. The streamers even sound different from themselves when I change power supplies. This should not surprise anyone who actually listens and doesn't have a closed mind.

For anyone interested in the Primo, I recommend this video:

35 minutes ago, Bill_G said:

So, yes... my mind is closed

That is the only part of your post I can agree with.

I have a mechanical engineering background, people who design audio equipment have deep engineering and/or scientific backgrounds. Some of them post here. So your opinion that all engineers agree with your "measurements only" POV is clearly egotistical nonsense.

My audio beliefs are based on extensive listening in my own system. Until I confirm it for myself, in my room, through my system, with my music, for an extended period, everything is just another opinion.

I like to view measurements of audio gear, but measurements alone have not stood up to my personal reality test as a predictor of sound quality. I won't reply further, as this discussion is not about the Primo.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Get over it guys. Nobody wants to read two guys bicker back and forth. 

It was already over.