IGNORED

Article: Volumio Primo review

Because I like to use reference points to understand where a product's relative advantages may lay, it seems to me that the hardware benchmark in this space is the Auralic Aries femto or Mini. Or the Sonore mRendu/ultra. Or one of those DDC reclockers like Singer? 

I can't speak for and don't understand the software side as it all seems so DIY Github-hauntingly discouraging unless you pony up for Roon (I don't; my own problem). Anyway, it's helpful to see the software a little since that's what you touch. I wish we got as much software analysis as hardware.

And for me, it seems the major hardware contenders recently are the Pro-Ject Streambox S2 Ultra or the Allo Digi-One Signature (and assorted power options and cables which have to be factored in as well). I wasn't aware of the updates to some of these mentioned earlier–thanks. And if you're gonna stretch maybe the Metrum Acoustics Ambre?

So many choices and configurations, who has time to listen to music? 😉

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Just heard Hans' review of the software in the video above. Thanks, @audiobomber

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.