IGNORED

NY Metro - DAC-Off Postponed until Spring

All-

Is anybody in the NY Metro area interested in getting together and doing side by sides comparisons of different DACs? I'd be happy to host in NNJ.

What do you think?

jan 4:

sorry folks - could not get critical mass - maybe in the spring....

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

Hey Gang-

December weekends are looking pretty full, unless folks have cars and can come to Bridgewater NJ on a weeknight, Avoiding holiday weekends and CES, I think that puts the weekend of January 15-16.

BTW - I ended up getting a Marantz SA8004 as my DAC since the Emotiva people told me I wouldnt be able to get the XDA-1 until Spring.

PM me with your direct email please so I can coordinate a date.

Thanks!

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks

How about Sat Jan 8 from 1-5pm at my home in 07920?

You have to get here on your own - there is a NJ transit train to Lyons NJ and I can arrange a pick up, but best is if the NYC folks can put together a car pool.

Housekeeping - There will be Coke Zero and a couple of light snacks, but feel free to bring a non-alcoholic beverage and/or snack of your choice.

My DACs are the Marantz SA-8004 and the NuForce uDac2.

Would anyone like to volunteer to be the MC and coordinate the test files? Perhaps each person could select 1 test track? I have an e-machines laptop that can be a media server for the occasion.

Thank you for offering your home. This date will work for me. I can drive from the Upper West Side. I suggest that we bring our own test tracks with 3 or 4 tracks so we each can hear music we are familiar with. Hopefully this would not take too long since it looks like there will be a lot of dacs to compare. We might start out comparing DACS in similar price ranges.

Sorry folks -

Could not get critical mass for this. We might have better luck if someone in NYC could host on a Sunday (free parking)

Hopefully in the Spring.

Happy New Year anyway!

-JDJ