IGNORED

NAS, DSD jump

Hard to diagnose, when you copy the file t big chunks are transfered at once saturating the network link (gigabyte ethernet is 125Mb/s raw so your're there already when copying).  When playing small part are asked every? and transfer speeds drops.

Maybe you can monitor network speeds with some system tools when playing from the nas.

Tthere's probably some buffer size you can increase in you player software to compensate for the reading issue.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, antonyb said:
Ok ..
I'm on windows server 2019 in core mode, and the nas is a qnap ..
Thank you.
I don't know if an error or something happens, however it is strange because with tracks on the system SSD it does not.

Sounds like a network synchronization problem. If you can control the buffer on the player's (I think JRiver will let you do that) side, make it larger. Is there an appreciable difference in sound between the NAS and the SSD? 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I have installed the LAN drivers that are on the Gigabyte site, they are from 2015 ..
He has not solved the problem.
I removed Fidelizer and AO reset, it did not solve the problem.
The jump does it shortly after I start the track in DSD, then for 2, 3, 4 or 5 tracks it doesn't do it anymore.
The jump lasts very little.
Very strange.

I used foobar, now I use Roon for playback. I only have DSD64 files, and no issues: NAS -> Raspberry PI -> DAC.

Forgot the password on the raspberry to check the network throughput while playing. But it's 100mb/s so pretty slow compared to a pc / mac (1Gb/s).