IGNORED

Headphones/headset for gaming.

JPlissken

Question

Hello fellow audiophiles.

Joking. You can consider me a complete moron. I know nothing about audio equipment.

A couple years ago, I built a new PC, I went all-out getting the best parts for everything. The best processor, best graphics, best case, best memory, best keyboard and mouse. When it came time to get speakers, I realized I know absolutely nothing about what makes a good set of speakers. So I found an audiophiles forum. I gave all the info I could, answered some questions, and asked the folks there to recommend something for under $200. The general consensus was a Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 system, and wow. I didn't even know speakers this good existed for PC. Needless to say I was very satisfied.

I can't remember which forum site that was, I can't seem to find it.  But now I want a headset. So here I am. Keep in mind this is for gaming. I need clear sound, good bass because I plan to blow shit up quite a lot. But it can't be overwhelming. Too much bass can really kill the sound quality when everything in a 20 mile radius is exploding. Surround sound would be highly preferable, in shooting games it is often important to be able to hear which direction things are coming from like enemy footsteps, or explosions where a teammate may be under attack, etc. And it needs to be good for voice chat. A good mic, and clear voice sound over the speakers.This can be a headset with built-in mic, or headphones with a desktop mic, either way is fine.

So what would you guys recommend for a high quality headset or headphones+mic for under $200?

2 answers to this question