IGNORED

Ifi idac2 compatibility/power requirements

Hi...

I've been using an Regen/idac2 combination with the USBridge just fine.  I'm using the standard USBridge PS powering both the Sparky and the hat. idac2 is USB powered, and is NOT on the list of compatible DACS.  Last night, I removed the Regen, and plugged the idac2 directly into the USBridge.  No lights on the DAC, a quiet, clicking sound from the USBridge...and no sound of course.  Restored the Regen and all is well again.

Questions: Since it works with the Regen in place, and therefore powering the DAC, might the problem be that the current requirements of the DAC exceed what the USBridge can supply?  I see, though, from the compatibility list that the ifi idsd IS compatible, and it similarly contains a headphone amp, so I would guess that the current requirements are similar.  

Given that the USB data from the USBridge is so clean, I'd like to at least try it without the Regen.  Any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this would be appreciated.  I'd be happy to get a separate PS (probably an iPower) for the USBridge, if that will address the problem.

Many thanks...

Michael