IGNORED

ALLO Shanti Power Supply

1 hour ago, maelob said:

Hello everybody first post in a long long time - planning to get the shanti and digione - just want to make sure I understand connections - 1A to clean side and 3A for dirty side. 

Yep, that's correct (for Digione Signature).

Connect 5V 1A to clean power first; then 5V 3A to RPI power.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything. I just took delivery of a USB signature and shanti, but there doesn't look to be a way of using the supplied connectors to link the shanti 1A supply to the USB A clean port on the signature.

Am i missing a connector or missing the point here, as I thought I needed to power both clean and dirty, so would expect this to be included?

Thanks,

Andy.

No, I have the USB Signature. I think I see now. It lists the below under features of the USB Signature though, so I misread this.

So you can add the DigiOne Sig to the USB Sig and power the clean supply of that only as the USB Sig does not need or benefit form this?

DigiOne Signature Clean Power: 5V/1A adaptor source or battery pack power 5v to 9v range.

Thanks for your help.

Andy.

Hi Andy, that is correct. The USBSig needs only the 3A supply from the Shanti, via the small USB-C connector. If you bought the metal case with you USBSig then there is only the one power input socket, the USB-C in the bottom left corner.

if in the future, you need a SPDIF Output then you would acquire the DigiOneSig, and its dedicated case which incorporates the second power socket. The second power socket is a “barrel” type  (I think Allo provide an USB-C to barrel” adaptor; if not then they are easily obtained from eBay....). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, rruffin said:

Last night, I was so impressed with my version of the "standard" Signature set up (pre-Shanti) that I wanted to share it. It includes a $70 Chinese made linear power supply from eBay powering the Raspberry pi (dirty side) and a battery pack powering the Signature (clean side). If the Shanti was available earlier, I would have probably bought it instead of this elaborate jury rigged system. However I already have this one and not sure if it is worth $150 to "upgrade".

(I was visiting a high end audio store earlier this week and heard an expensive system using an expensive streamer. Needless to say, I was not disappointed when I returned home to this simple system which uses the Allo as part of a networked Macintosh running Audirvana.)

Allo_Rig.jpg

hi, i have order the allo digitOne signature, and as you, with the battery pack. I thought to order some amazon Ni-MH batteries and charger.  I saw the above picture and I wonder what kind of batteries and batterie pack do you use and how to you manage it. Thanks in advance.I appreciate any help and sharing knowledge. 

On 5/12/2020 at 7:36 AM, savvy8 said:

hi, i have order the allo digitOne signature, and as you, with the battery pack. I thought to order some amazon Ni-MH batteries and charger.  I saw the above picture and I wonder what kind of batteries and batterie pack do you use and how to you manage it. Thanks in advance.I appreciate any help and sharing knowledge. 

Sold by: kejiss
Return window closed on Nov 17, 2018
$15.50

$31.98

(Let me mention that it is very handy to have a second set of 4 batteries. Great to never be out of fresh batteries!)

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 5 months later...

I was shuffling some kit around, and I thought I would try the shanti with the original USBridge, I removed the J28 jumper and now power the USBridge with the 3A output and the sparky with the 1A. It seems to work. I am currently running volumio on the USBridge, but wondering whether I should try dietpi, I can't see the temps on Volumio. Is this a good use of the Shanti??

Hello, I am using the Shanti powering my rpi 4 with the 3A and using the 1A to power the Allo Digione Signature and it works very well. I was using Volumio at first, but have more recently found that Dietpi running squeezelite and LMS running on my NAS I get more options. With the LMS & Squeezelite system there are many plugins available eg plugins for Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Radio Paradise and many more. And all are free.

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 1:48 AM, properlydeafened said:

Thought I'd share my Shanti mod.  I replaced the fixed leads with a couple of GX16 jacks so I could make some better cables in whatever length I wanted and disconnect the second output which I don't need at the moment.  I then cut a couple of tinted acrylic rectangles and epoxied them to the back of the faceplate to cover the holes.  There is a very faint red glow from the leds through the acrylic. shanti.thumb.jpg.ca89a4e73ab524b7c82f08d022aed7a9.jpg

Did you benefit from this change?

Btw, I have just received my Allo USB Bridge Signature Player and Allo Shanti LPS.

I will receive my Allo Comcast WiFi dongle tomorrow.

I wanted to ask you if changing the stock power cable of the Allo Shanti improve the SQ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been powering my USBridge Sig player with the Shanti (feeding my Lampizator DAC through USB - superb sound!) and the 1A output is currently unused. I wonder if I could try providing clean power to my other DAC, a KORG DS100, which takes 5V through its USB connection. Right now it receives power through a direct USB connection from a MAC Mini (but rarely used nowadays...). So I just wondered if I could connect the 5.2V/1.2A output of the Shanti to the USB connection between the Mini and the Korg inserting an Ifi iDefender dongle into the Mac mini (if 5V external power is connected to the iDefender through the USB-C input on the side, the power from the Mini is cut).

I am only concerned about the 5.2V output of the Shanti. Is it OK to use as a 5V power through USB? An earlier post on the first page of this thread says that it is OK, but I want to double-check before I fry my KORG.

thanks.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:45 AM, Pogballistics said:

Did you benefit from this change?

I wanted to ask you if changing the stock power cable of the Allo Shanti improve the SQ?

I don't think it was a dramatic difference....but I didn't spend a lot of time with the stock cords. Mainly I wanted to be able to cap the one I'm not using, and wanted to build a short one to my Qutest rather than bundling up the excess.  I also like to tinker with DIY audio so it was something to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have just bought a Shanti. It is the first audiophile power supply I bought.

Currently I have a RPI4 + a hifiberry digi+ pro

When I connected it to the RPI, the RPI started. But the hifiberry did not appear in Roon.

After a few unplug, boot, ..... It was finally OK

A few tests later, I have noticed:

- It seems to behave the same way with dietpi and ropieee

- When started from poweroff (I poweroff when I'm not at home, or at night), the RPI starts correctly, but it looks as if the hat is not started

- Reboots of the RPI does not fix

- After 15 minutes, I unplugged (the Shant is not powered off) the usbc on the RPI and replugged it. it worked

Currently I do not know what to tell

Does the RPI have to be unplugged and replugged?

Or do the Shanti need some time before delivering optimum current?

Anyone has met these issues?

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

Finally purchased a Allo Shanti LPS to test which should be arriving sometime next week. Planning to use the dual output to power my IFI NEO IDSD DAC (currently powered with a IPower X at 5V3A) and my raspberry PI 4 running a HQPlayer NAA currently powered with a iPower at 5V2.5A.

With the Allo Shanti dual output at 5V3A and 5V1.5A, should I use the weaker output to power the DAC and the stronger output for the raspberry PI 4 or the other way around? I suppose the weaker output for the DAC would be fine as people managed to use 5V0.5A power bank to power the DAC but I suppose 5V1.5A might be enough power to run the PI 4 as well?

Thanks

Deric

• 5 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, uniquesnowflake said:

Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post. I didn't use full Paul Hynes SR supplies. I ordered shunt regulators PH designed for the Buffalo I/V stage (I believe it was Legato II).

I opened up the Shanti to direct-solder DIY Type-C cables to the PCB and upgrade the IEC socket, but didn't really take notes of the specific parts used.  

The stock cables and connectors are alright, but the mod is inexpensive and brings significant sonic improvement.

fef507dfd0982468ffa49c946e10cf63.jpg

4780025e6d52e96cd040182bf96921ef-2.jpg

629b977ddc295d6644911423c4b95ef6-2.jpg

Hi,

May I ask where you optained the cables and the IEC socket?

I am in the mood to do some mods :-)

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, mhhd said:

Hi,

May I ask where you optained the cables and the IEC socket?

I am in the mood to do some mods :-)

Thank you very much.

I've since updated the Shanti with new cables and plugs from VHAudio and Oyaide, respectively. The VHAudio V-Quad works great for DC applications, even better than the OCC silver wires I used previously.

The 3-in-1 IEC are from Aucharm. I'd use a Furutech NCF, but adding a separate fuse holder and switch was too much of a hassle.

Hope this helps!

IMG_1671.jpeg

• 4 months later...