IGNORED

ALLO Shanti Power Supply

On 9/12/2019 at 4:56 AM, uniquesnowflake said:

Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post. I didn't use full Paul Hynes SR supplies. I ordered shunt regulators PH designed for the Buffalo I/V stage (I believe it was Legato II).

I opened up the Shanti to direct-solder DIY Type-C cables to the PCB and upgrade the IEC socket, but didn't really take notes of the specific parts used.  

The stock cables and connectors are alright, but the mod is inexpensive and brings significant sonic improvement.

fef507dfd0982468ffa49c946e10cf63.jpg

4780025e6d52e96cd040182bf96921ef-2.jpg

629b977ddc295d6644911423c4b95ef6-2.jpg

What were the differences that you heard between the stock shanti and your mods?

Hello- having an issue with the Shanti and DigiOne Signature.

I am currently powering the DigiOne with the supplied wall-wart for the dirty side and using the 1A Shanti output for the clean side.  When I try to use the Shanti 3A output for the DigiOne dirty side, the RPi reboots over and over.  I gather from others here that the Shanti should be able to power both sides of the DigiOne.  How can I diagnose what is happening here?  I am using RopieeeXL on the DigiOne.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, shhQuiet said:

I am currently powering the DigiOne with the supplied wall-wart for the dirty side and using the 1A Shanti output for the clean side.  When I try to use the Shanti 3A output for the DigiOne dirty side, the RPi reboots over and over.  I gather from others here that the Shanti should be able to power both sides of the DigiOne.  How can I diagnose what is happening here?  I am using RopieeeXL on the DigiOne.

Thanks!

Forwarded PM please check

Hi There. having an issue withe the Shanti powering my Digione and Boss player.

SHANTI is unable to power up my Allo Digione [Non Sig model] or my boss player. I am using the 5V3A side, Shanti is turned on [red LEDs inside are on], the green light flashes 3 times, red LED stays off then shuts off and repeats on both models. When I switch back to my old PSU [Allo $15 5V3A] they power up and operate normally.  Is anyone else having this issue? Wondering if I am missing something simple.

12 hours ago, allo.com said:

Hi

Can you check if the voltage on the back of Shanti is 230V or 110 ? (if its correct for your region)

Ah, that was the problem!  Can’t believe I never checked it but yes, it was selected for 230. Works perfectly now, thanks for the help!

On 10/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, shhQuiet said:

Thanks!

Hi Shhquiet

Can you place check that your Shanti also has the right voltage selected on the back of the box ? (230 in EU and 110 in US/Canada)

On 10/8/2019 at 8:42 AM, allo.com said:

Hi

Can you check if the voltage on the back of Shanti is 230V or 110 ? (if its correct for your region)

Rookie mistake on my part. Changed it to 115v for my region and now works great! Thanks for the quick reply!

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, JanRSmit said:

My Shanti , after a couple of weeks use , its transformer started to hum, gradually more, so after 2 weeks, i shut it down. 

It is the only device in my set-up with a transformer that hums.

Top bad, i used itcto power my qutest, and before it started to hum, i was quite happy.

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 weeks later...

Hi The Shanti is not warm.

I have it now free, and I feel nothing as I make a compare with other brand  power suply. 

I  go Shanti  place under my cabinet.

I have first experience with ifi and other brands. 

Now  I have buy there two, it  work amazing stable...beautiful 🎶 WoW🎻

On 11/6/2019 at 5:51 AM, matthias said:

Hi Alex,

OT, but there is a new one, S512.

Matt

Hi Matt, 

Thank you for the info. Looks like Sparkler made a nice workaround to make their DAC compatible with multiple types of inputs.

It would probably work great with sources that have a high quality i2s output (can't say that about the RPi), take their S507 for instance. However, I'd much rather have the conversion unit built with proper power delivery and ample space inside the DAC compared to say, a small adapter on the digital cable.

Maybe I'm too quick to judge, but I don't think this would be a sonic improvement in my setup with Digione Sig+Audiophile Pi.