sandyk

Dave Ayers

Rate this topic

I was informed this morning that banned C.A. member Dave Ayers died on Sunday. Apparently Dave had a long battle with Cancer.

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

7 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

I am pretty sure I remember him.  Sorry to hear that.

Dave's main username was DAudio, as well as look$listen etc.

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

Although Dave had some trouble in public here at CA—he took things very seriously in his passion for audio, politics, and justice—he was a very kind man.  We corresponded privately and had several long, pleasant phone conversations.

He loved music, and he sent me a thumb drive with a couple of hundred favorite tracks.  I randomly listen to those once in a while and have been lead to discover or rediscover some wonderful artists.

Dave’s brother-in-law sent me an email shorty after his passing.  I knew he was very ill but I was surprised and of course saddened by the news.

R.I.P. Dave.