IGNORED

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

On 7/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Someone from Wilson is coming because we are going to meet about some business items as well as setup the speakers. It's a two for one trip for them. 

Perhaps you'll be finalizing the terms of your trade?

Since I know that the less than 1/5th its size banner ad right below goes for $7,500/year, I'm guessing that we'll be looking at that massive new Wilson ad for at least 3 years. 

You could have had your speakers done in yellow to match...:P

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No and no. I cut a large check. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I hope you know I was mostly just kidding Chris.

But honestly, even if you were making some barter arrangements, I would see nothing unethical in that. Trading ad space for discount is not at all the same as trading for a good review. That’s a completely different line which I know you would never cross.

Of course what prompted my speculative comment in the first place is that the largest size ad I’ve even seen on this site just happened to appear the same week as the announcement of your speaker selection. It really begged the question—even if it is none of our business. B|

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s only problematic for using formulaic solutions. 

Chris: I am curious (and I guess too lazy to search your earlier threads about your room): 

Did you ever setup your TAD speakers in your remodeled room? Or are the Wilsons the first speakers to play in that space?

If the latter, then wow you really have a double journey ahead of you--getting used to the character of your room AND learning about optimizing the Wilsons in that space.

Best of luck and much musical joy in either case.:D