IGNORED

Are you part of the cult?

14 hours ago, Soothsayerman said:

Remote Control was/is my fave Tubes album. Still  fun after all these years.

Mine is the "Completion Backwards Principle," - but more the live shows than the recording.....

Seen them many times, and my band almost warmed them up in 93 when they had a few shows in SF. Prairie Prince now paints bikes and motorcycles just a few blocks from my neighborhood.....

22 hours ago, Superdad said:

From the company I co-founded.  258 Hovland Sapphire units produced and sold from 2002-2008. Weight was 82 pounds. Custom output transformers modeled off a particularly special Peerless. Choke power supply. Hybrid tube/FET front end.

(The late actor James Gandolfini--The Sopranos--had one in his bedroom as a night light. That's what a family friend handling pieces of his estate told me. x-D)

Sapphire.jpg.68a55fca95502360b7b32dc2f27ec924.jpg

819812332_Stereophile-SapphireCvr.jpg.63a114af368de1a474039f47ebef91d0.jpg

Beautiful! I also loved both the look and sound of your Hovlands. I remember seeing and hearing them in person at CES and was surprised by how large in size and how beautiful in sound they were. I seem to remember hearing them with some Verity Audio speakers (if I'm remembering them correctly), - [might have been Talon] and really appreciated the command and control that they had over the speakers. The blue glow was waaaaaay sexy....