IGNORED

Do WBT connectors make a positive SQ difference?

I tried other than Stabilant 22 brand enhancer. So this one may not have those ageing issues - I won't know until I try it, :).

I'm curious that you believe that it increases the effective area of the mating surfaces - my understanding is that its benefits are in excluding atmospheric gases from the metal surfaces junction, and otherwise is completely inert. By contrast, the silver paste does two things, improves gastightness and enhances conductivity.

Sloppy use won't help, of course - but the same thing could be said of being hamfisted in soldering - again, I see it as being a form of very soft solder; and the same care should be taken as for the hard stuff.

57 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I tried other than Stabilant 22 brand enhancer. So this one may not have those ageing issues - I won't know until I try it, :).

I'm curious that you believe that it increases the effective area of the mating surfaces - my understanding is that its benefits are in excluding atmospheric gases from the metal surfaces junction, and otherwise is completely inert. By contrast, the silver paste does two things, improves gastightness and enhances conductivity.

Sloppy use won't help, of course - but the same thing could be said of being hamfisted in soldering - again, I see it as being a form of very soft solder; and the same care should be taken as for the hard stuff.

Read the Stabilant white paper. It should be on their web-site.

George

I stand corrected ... however, it talks about extremely slow switching speed, which implies that it's only effective, as a conductor, at close to DC frequencies. That is, the conductivity of the metal to metal mating area is not improved at audio signal frequencies - if you can point to something that more clearly states otherwise, I would appreciate that.