IGNORED

No sound on Allo Katana

Sadly I think I may have the same problem.  Katana has been performing as expected since it was received but it now does not produce any audio and if left on for more than a few minutes starts emitting a moderate volume of noise.  

This is a Katana connected with an Isolator 1.3 to an RPi 3Bv1.2 running dual power with a linear 5v supply for the microcontroller and a high quality switching supply connected to the isolator.  HW rev for the MC, Katana, and Opamp are 1.2.

FYI, I've tried with and without the isolator in circuit (with appropriate change to J30) without a change in behavior.  I've also flashed to the latest firmware for the controller which did succeed.  LEDs on the MC are both solid green.

I've also tried fresh installs of both DietPi and Volumio without any change in problem.  At this point I'm out of ideas.

7 hours ago, rritchey said:

Sadly I think I may have the same problem.  Katana has been performing as expected since it was received but it now does not produce any audio and if left on for more than a few minutes starts emitting a moderate volume of noise.  

This is a Katana connected with an Isolator 1.3 to an RPi 3Bv1.2 running dual power with a linear 5v supply for the microcontroller and a high quality switching supply connected to the isolator.  HW rev for the MC, Katana, and Opamp are 1.2.

FYI, I've tried with and without the isolator in circuit (with appropriate change to J30) without a change in behavior.  I've also flashed to the latest firmware for the controller which did succeed.  LEDs on the MC are both solid green.

I've also tried fresh installs of both DietPi and Volumio without any change in problem.  At this point I'm out of ideas.

Forwarded PM please check

I am experiencing the same issue I think.

I tried:

1) 2 PSU's- One to Micro Controller, and one to RPI. J26 in position 2&3, and J30 open

2) 1 PSU to micro controller with jumpers as per instructions

3) 3 PSU's to Micro Controller, Katana, and RPI with jumpers as per instructions

My preamp isn't on mute. I have the correct input selected, volume is turned up. Tried different cables from Op Amp board to Preamp. The Katana shows up in Roon with no problems, and I used the Diet Pi image from the install instructions, and made sure the output was to the Katana HAT.

HELP! I do not have a voltage tester.

Edit: It is the THD+N 1.2 board

3 hours ago, Metamodern said:

I am experiencing the same issue I think.

I tried:

1) 2 PSU's- One to Micro Controller, and one to RPI. J26 in position 2&3, and J30 open

2) 1 PSU to micro controller with jumpers as per instructions

3) 3 PSU's to Micro Controller, Katana, and RPI with jumpers as per instructions

My preamp isn't on mute. I have the correct input selected, volume is turned up. Tried different cables from Op Amp board to Preamp. The Katana shows up in Roon with no problems, and I used the Diet Pi image from the install instructions, and made sure the output was to the Katana HAT.

HELP! I do not have a voltage tester.

Edit: It is the THD+N 1.2 board

• 1 month later...

Hello

Sounds like I'm having the same issue others here have described.  Purchased the Katana with Sound Quality output stage in May.  It worked flawlessly until a couple of weeks ago. Now only the slightest bit of music can be heard when I turn my amp up to full volume.  All lights come on and the status light indicates all is okay.

I am using two power sources (configured as recommended in the manual) and have verified they are both working fine.

I have also noticed that there is a high pitched noise that seems to come from the micro controller when I switch on the opamp via switch3.  I have a recording of this noise if necessary.

Thanks

4 hours ago, frost09audio said:

Hello

Sounds like I'm having the same issue others here have described.  Purchased the Katana with Sound Quality output stage in May.  It worked flawlessly until a couple of weeks ago. Now only the slightest bit of music can be heard when I turn my amp up to full volume.  All lights come on and the status light indicates all is okay.

I am using two power sources (configured as recommended in the manual) and have verified they are both working fine.

I have also noticed that there is a high pitched noise that seems to come from the micro controller when I switch on the opamp via switch3.  I have a recording of this noise if necessary.

Thanks

On 11/21/2020 at 5:20 AM, rritchey said:

Sorry to hear about your problem.  I'm still waiting on resolution to mine.  I was asked to ship my unit back but it's been stuck in Bangalore customs for the last month.  Hopefully it will clear soon.

I'm in exactly the same boat.

• 6 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, Biarritz said:

Hi,

I have the same issue, only very vage sound when amp volume is full open and sound is also distorted.

Please advice.

Thanks

Just FYI, I sent mine back last year around the time of posting and it's still yet to be returned, I also haven't had an update for about 3 months

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...