IGNORED

The ultimate Power Supply Units for music servers (and other devices for cleaner power source)

26 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

I also recently received a custom spec TLS Ref 1 PSU from Adrian. I've not used other highly regarded PSU like SR7. However, compare to my other PSUs like LPS 1.2 , SoTM sPS-500,  and various Teradak/chinese custom PSU - TLS Ref1 is quite a bit better. Which is expected given it costs almost as much as the SR7 without the years of wait time. I waited almost 6 months for the Ref1. However, I agreed to the delay as Adrian was doing R&D to close the gap with SR7.

I’ve been told the custom TLS Ref 1 is better than the SR7

Please note ‘been told’ and ‘TLS’ in one sentence..

24 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Surprised to see you perpetuate such a myth Fred.  Since you also wrote:

And @auricgoldfinger stated this--though he seems to let slide Paul Hynes' even worse communication and delivery track record:

So many people report giving away their money and waiting forever with no updates and mostly excuses:

I honestly do not understand why people patronize such unprofessional (perhaps not a stretch to say unethical) businesses.  I spend more than 20 hours per week doing nothing but returning client e-mails, and I have never once accepted payment for product without promising and meeting a firm delivery date--typically either immediate of within 2-weeks shipment.  

Guess that is why there are now about 800 JS-2s in the field and close to 3,000 UltraCap units. 9_9

My apologies if such discussion of business and reputation is off-topic.  Perhaps the TLS power supply is a fine unit, but nobody knows what is actually in the box.  (And there was this funky incident:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/38316-the-linear-solution-lps912-design-for-sotm-products/?do=findComment&comment=772398

Hi @Superdad,

My post above was intended as sarcastic, or at least as an attempt.

Seriously: You are spot on, and have been spot on from the beginning. Looking back I wish I would have taken your warnings seriously, but I was native. After 1,5 year ‘dealing’ with TLS I’m down a $1500 deposit.. 

best regards, Fred

28 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

I'm probably one of the first person to have Adrian's latest re-designed PSU that supposedly closes the gap. Given that I do not have access to a SR7, I've no idea.

Hi Shaded99, sorry I was being sarcastic.

Given my experience with TLS, I doubt if it is close to the SR7

1 hour ago, shahed99 said:

I also recently received a custom spec TLS Ref 1 PSU from Adrian. I've not used other highly regarded PSU like SR7. However, compare to my other PSUs like LPS 1.2 , SoTM sPS-500,  and various Teradak/chinese custom PSU - TLS Ref1 is quite a bit better. Which is expected given it costs almost as much as the SR7 without the years of wait time. I waited almost 6 months for the Ref1. However, I agreed to the delay as Adrian was doing R&D to close the gap with SR7.

My memory didn’t fail me, TLS claimed a custom Ref 1 is better than a SR7:

Me: what makes the <custom ref 1> PSU ($2500) special?

TLS: “Simple it will be better than the holy Grail SR7 and $2500 is even better price than SR7 “

• 4 weeks later...