IGNORED

The ultimate Power Supply Units for music servers (and other devices for cleaner power source)

29 minutes ago, Chopin75 said:

isolate the music server is one way but isolation may have its draw back. I chucked away my ifi Igalvanic as it tends to "color" the sound.  Currently I just use an optical USB cable from Corning that does the galvanic isolation without reclocking, seems to work better.

I think getting rid of the source of the problem is more effective. Besides, isolating the music server would not solve the dirty  current and noise already inside the music server. If there is less noise feeding into the server in the first place, that would be better than trying to filter out the noise downstream

Hence we should work from upstream, starting with hospital grade receptacle at the wall. ( I have not bothered doing that yet since I am renting right now)

optical good

hospital grade receptacle not important - I have one but it was free

dirty  current and noise already the music server is inconsequential if it is isolated from the DAC

are you saying that such isolation is more expensive than buying a low noise music server?  I'd likely disagree as a general purpose computer works fine

Nothing is a panacea, but 140 dB down is inaudible; -120 is likely inaudible.

Audiophiles have an odd princess and pea problem (I have a thread on that, posted months ago).  It is much worse than other hobbies (photography).

Address the biggest problems first.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, sandyk said:

That's absolute BS, as is much of the remainder of your reply, and exactly the reason your antiquated and disruptive views are not welcome in the main thread where they would be removed by the OP, and shouted down by many participants in the thread who use their EARS for listening, and almost all use Linear PSUs wherever possible.

you missed one

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I have DIRECTLY offered you proof on several occasions, even via a PM but you have shown that you are not interested.

No you haven't.  You offered some BS, but if you think that is proof you are seriously unhinged.

Now please obey the request of the OP and cease polluting this thread with posts that you know are not wanted here.

not really - I've heard of it is all

I was interested in a Topaz until I had noise measurements made of my AC at the meter, then decided to buy a new amp instead

I expect to buy a new DAC to upgrade the two I have before revisiting the AC line noise issue.  I -do- keep LEDs turned off while doing critical listening.

And I am waiting for some new products from some of the usual suspects...