IGNORED

The ultimate Power Supply Units for music servers (and other devices for cleaner power source)

16 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

That's true - you'd have to use battery operable DACs however.

Well that would be a different setup. What I'm talking about is the DC power supply connected directly to the DAC but the power supply running off of a power conditioner or battery backup.   That method is used in large data centers so the power supplied to the equipment is very very clean which cleans up a lot of noise.

"Let's pick a tune and get out of this mess"  - Earl Scruggs

"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind ... " - Duke Ellington

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

oh, I see

but that chain is used pretty frequently by posters on here; one common item is the Topaz

Oh, that would make sense. I would think it would be the ideal setup but I haven't tried it.

"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind ... " - Duke Ellington

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

just search on 'Topaz' for a big, big thread

I posted a tentative summary somewhere in the middle...

Are you familiar with Torus Power? I know a lot of recording studios use their stuff.

Yep, I've lived places where the AC was clean and places where it was very noisy and not a constant voltage at all.  When it's really bad, you can hear it.  Well good luck!