seeteeyou

More power to you - AC⚡DC FOREVER

Rate this topic

THIS ANOTHER  CHOICE:

http://www.kecesaudio.com

Fully Grounded Audio Room - Topaz 1KVA - DIY Power Bar with OYAIDE outlets - MacMini (late 2012) Server  - LUSH USB Cable - DENAFRIPS Terminator DAC - Tellurium Ultra Black XLR - KINKI EX-M1 - PMC Twenty5 26. (power cords LessLoss DFPC Signature)

Tidal Streaming only: ATL DC Blocker > Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > Sine SA5 Cryo 5 power stripAqvox 8 port network switch NUC Roonserver (16gb Audiolinux Headless RAMboot, Akasa Fanless case) NUC Roon endpoint (4gb Audiolinux Headless RAMboot, Akasa Fanless case) > USPCB > ISO Regen (Battery powered) > Sonore Ultradigital (powered by LPS-1) > PS Audio Directstream Junior Dac > Decware SE84UFO3 Mono Amps > Omega Super Alnico Monitors.

NUCs powered by 2x Paul Hynes SR4s & switch powered by modded Teradak DC30W & LT3045 voltage regulators & PoE Quad Cat DC cables

Thanks CTU.

Here's one I came across that interested me, with a wide range of options:

https://www.fidelityaudio.co.uk/uber-ultra-low-noise-power-supply-4145-p.asp

Also this DIY LifeP04 supply is making some waves on diyaudio:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/327105-develop-ultra-capacitor-power-supply-lifepo4-battery-power-supply.html

9 hours ago, mansr said:

spacer.png

I wish I had one of those too, my own power station 😀

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

Clock modded FS105 v3, Clock modded Isoregen, Lush^2

2 hours ago, LTG2010 said:

I have previously said the same in A.S. as Iancanada says here.

do not suggest using and LDO or regulator after LifePO4 or ultra capacitor power supplies, that could degrade the power supply quality.

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

5 hours ago, LTG2010 said:

I am using one of these which have up to 2x 13.6v rails plus 2 x 3.3v rails, very nice results. I'm testing it out with running an Iso Regen or Sonore Ultra digital on 6.8v. Haven't decided where it will end up.. However it is not for beginners as there is a lot of soldering involved and 10x 3.4v LifePo4 batteries pack a serious punch if shorted - but worth the (focussed) effort.

This week I also tried out a Cuinas 5v Supercap PSU (see link above) VERY nice powering my Aqvox Switch, with a clean smooth affect on sound. I will be ordering a 7v version and John is currently developing a higher powered variable version 12-25v which I am very interested in to run NUCs.

Tidal Streaming only: ATL DC Blocker > Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > Sine SA5 Cryo 5 power stripAqvox 8 port network switch NUC Roonserver (16gb Audiolinux Headless RAMboot, Akasa Fanless case) NUC Roon endpoint (4gb Audiolinux Headless RAMboot, Akasa Fanless case) > USPCB > ISO Regen (Battery powered) > Sonore Ultradigital (powered by LPS-1) > PS Audio Directstream Junior Dac > Decware SE84UFO3 Mono Amps > Omega Super Alnico Monitors.

NUCs powered by 2x Paul Hynes SR4s & switch powered by modded Teradak DC30W & LT3045 voltage regulators & PoE Quad Cat DC cables

@sandyk "I have previously said the same in A.S. as Iancanada says here."

do not suggest using and LDO or regulator after LifePO4 or ultra capacitor power supplies, that could degrade the power supply quality.

Definitely agree with this, does not help SQ...

On 6/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, Dev said:

I am quite interested in the Teddypardo, he stated he is not doing LPS nor SWPS, so what exactly is it? the technical page is too complex, I hope someone can summarize! 

20 minutes ago, Chopin75 said:

I am quite interested in the Teddypardo, he stated he is not doing LPS nor SWPS, so what exactly is it? the technical page is too complex, I hope someone can summarize! 

I don't know all the details of Teddypardo and maybe someone else can explain but their power supplies are very famous in the Naim circle. I know couple of folks using them with various streamers and very happy with the result.

21 hours ago, tapatrick said:

These are interesting products, their Iso PS  can power my USB bridge or SATA drive, though none would be adequate for my PC streamer. They are however cheaper than Farad (< than 1/2) so I can buy 2 of these for price of 1! Though my PinkFaun USB bridge may benefit from 3A, I think the ciunas is only at 2 A but then it states > 2 Amp so does it mean it can do 3 A or more if needed but all the time ? 

38 minutes ago, Dev said:

I don't know all the details of Teddypardo and maybe someone else can explain but their power supplies are very famous in the Naim circle. I know couple of folks using them with various streamers and very happy with the result.

The exasound DAC uses the Teddy too. 

46 minutes ago, Chopin75 said:

I think the ciunas is only at 2 A but then it states > 2 Amp so does it mean it can do 3 A or more if needed but all the time ? 

You would need to ask John Kenny that question.

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

On 6/27/2019 at 3:27 PM, mansr said:

spacer.png

oh yeh?  well, how about THIS puppy....

turbine at Bonneville Dam.JPG

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound