IGNORED

Audio Signal Path

Hello you guys,

What's the signal path audio runs since PC (Roon Server) until DAC?

Is it Path Red or Path Green? (Black are the Ethernet connections)

If the path is Red, it's ok! But if it's Green, I think PC server quality is completely useless.

If is Green, can I configure something to make path run the short one Red?

Thanks!

64927528_ScreenShot2019-06-27at14_42_36.thumb.png.9897931220e320770c4739f6d52a01ec.png

I think I get what you're asking. 

Your NUC pulls the data file to its local memory then sends it to the audio device.

I would attach your data storage (Mac Mini) to the SOtM switch only because routers are typically under powered. If connected to the switch the data wouldn't have to traverse the router just to get to the PS Audio Bridge. Not that critical though.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

If the NUC Audio PC and PS Audio DAC are on the same local subnet, the traffic between those two is using the red path. 

In the unlikely scenario where they are on two different subnets (again very unlikely) the traffic will go through the router.

Industry disclosure:
https://chicagohifi.com

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Conrad Johnson, Audio Mirror, and Sean Jacobs

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If the music is stored on the Mac Mini and its only connected to the router, then it has no choice but to send the data through the router regardless of the subnet. 

"If the NUC Audio PC and PS Audio DAC are on the same local subnet, the traffic between those two is using the red path."

Highlighted in red is important. The traffic between the Mac Mini and the NUC obviously goes through the router as there is no other possible path. 

I would also connect the Mac Mini to the SOTM switch in this case. 

Industry disclosure:
https://chicagohifi.com

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Conrad Johnson, Audio Mirror, and Sean Jacobs