IGNORED

MPD Playlist Location

I’m using MPD with a share path from my NAS.  I learned that playlists are kept by the MPC (Android in my case).  I have searched far and wide on my Android’s file system and could only find a cache for cover art, but nothing representing playlists.  

On my mR, ympd shows all of my audio files in ‘/nas’ (where Drive Mounter maps my music from the NAS) and all of my playlists in the root folder.  Contrary to what I “learned” above, this suggests that my MPC is generating my playlists on the mR, when I would prefer to have them generated in ‘/nas’ where I could backup copies for recovery.  I recently learned this the hard way when my micro card became corrupted and I had to replace it -- unfortunately, I had to regenerate all of my playlists.  I have yet to find an Android MPC (such as M.A.L.P.) that provides a way to specify a playlist path.  Is this the nature of an Android MPC app?  

• 3 weeks later...

SMB'd to my mR as Guest, all I have access to is 'storage_readonly/'.  In order to access '/var/lib/mpd/playlists' I would need to  connect as a privileged Registered User.  I am unaware of such a User and Password.  Am I able to change property 'playlist_directory'?

Alternatively, I am unaware of an MPC (Android, IOS or OSX) that can export/import playlists.  (?) 

Until I can backup and restore playlists, MPD comes up short in the long run, and I will have to consider another mR application than can. 

• 2 months later...