IGNORED

How can i play music usb stick on old technics amp

I have an old technics suv650 amp ,very good it is too.My  puzzlement is this i want the ability to play music files mp3 from usb stick through my existing amplifier .The problem is this no usb port any help in resolving this issue for me is greatly appreciated.

£100 i don't know best way forward more of a convenience factor with having the ability to have say 250 songs on a usb stick .I am not familiar at all with the new technologies that will enable me to do this so budget wise i appreciate yr advice on best way forward.

You could also use your computer as a player. You can take the 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack as the output and use a stereo-mini-Jack-to-stereo-cinch cable. The stereo cinch side goes into your amp. Ready. The basic problem is that you need a conversion from digital to analogue.  Your amp has no onboard Digital-to-Analogue-Converter (DAC). With the analogue 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack you have an analogue output, as the conversion is made by the computer. Not the best possible sound quality, but well enough for the beginning.

Cheers

Stefan

Go where you feel most alive.

Many thanks to replies, can anybody let me know what is the best amp on market for usb and turntable, tuner all separates please as i just simply want ability to play all formats of music i do not have access to computer as this set up is in games room thanks.

@bidge

Some years ago, when asked to set up a very easy to use £50 mp3 system for a spare room, using an existing old stereo amp and speakers, I just got a cheap personal mp3 player (16gb was about £40 at the time) and a £7 3.5mm jack to 2 rca cable from Amazon.  I make no great claims about the sound quality, but it was perfect for what they wanted.

A cheap Android Tablet, using the 3.5mm headphone socket would be a more modern alternative, I guess.  (This is just a variation on Lightstream's idea.)

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon