IGNORED

Article: Sound Liaison - One Mic Recordings

On 6/30/2019 at 11:40 PM, HIFI said:

My listening observation is simple .  .  . I hear the original room space in both recordings and they both have their unique signature. I prefer the Sound Liaison recording as for the reason my speakers disappear completely.  

They are having their summer sale as we speak. It's a good chance to get some of their older great sounding multi track recordings as well as the complete one mic series; Sound Liaison Summer Sale

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 11:40 PM, HIFI said:

. I prefer the Sound Liaison recording as for the reason my speakers disappear completely.  

I was was thinking maybe the smaller listening room I am in may have caused the difference in experience.  Then I went to the MA recording you referenced, Sera Una Noche.  It’s a big room recording and I experience, in my listening room, large space sound and invisible speakers. 

Indeed that is how I experience the One Mic recordings as well and to a certain degree also the Witmer Trio, so it is not only the One Mic approach but also the mastering that Frans De Rond does, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 8:34 PM, oso said:

Indeed that is how I experience the One Mic recordings as well and to a certain degree also the Witmer Trio, so it is not only the One Mic approach but also the mastering that Frans De Rond does, I guess.

Witmer Trio seems to be recorded in front of a Stereo pair with additional spot mic's so if they have mainly used the stereo pair that would explain the realness of that recording.; https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/430-witmer-trio-free at the bottom of the page they have the technical info.

spacer.png 

On 9/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, PAP said:

Witmer Trio seems to be recorded in front of a Stereo pair with additional spot mic's so if they have mainly used the stereo pair that would explain the realness of that recording.; https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/430-witmer-trio-free at the bottom of the page they have the technical info.

spacer.png 

True.

But I still find their older multi mic recordings very good too. Check out ;

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png these are some of their first releases and they do stand the test of time.

So I think we should not underestimate the mastering skills of the head engineer Frans De Rond.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, PAP said:

spacer.png 

Look at the session photos; Witmer Trio Liner notes and session photos.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, PAP said:

Oh sorry. I think there is a difference on the Witmer trio it is the Josephson C700 while on the One Microphone recordings it is the

Josephson C700S. I guess That means stereo.

The S version simply has an additional capsule to enable stereo pickup. They should otherwise have the same sound signature.

• 6 months later...
On 10/9/2019 at 11:08 PM, mansr said:

The S version simply has an additional capsule to enable stereo pickup. They should otherwise have the same sound signature.

This is the pickup pattern;

spacer.png looks like it can do surround too or?