IGNORED

Article: Sound Liaison - One Mic Recordings

Enjoying the music is what matters most so I don't buy everything in the SL catalogue but I do try to support them by buying good recordings that are less than a perfect match to my taste. Why post comments on an audiophile site and complain when excellent material is published ;p Support them and hopefully they'll be able to record more popular big draw artists! Check out Witmer Trio "Free" - another excellent recording although not OneMic.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

4 hours ago, HIFI said:

So I’m curious....

I think it is very possible there could be some “judicious “ use of EQ.  I would expect some compression.  Are you reaching when you say “added reverb”?  I just don’t see how you can say that sitting in your chair as you listen unless you were very familiar with SL’s recording studio. Maybe it’s your listening environment issue?

Read the article. Quote from Frans de Rond: "After recording we add a bit of reverb, little EQ and a tiny bit of compression to smooth things out, but we keep everything to a minimum."

Must say I was disappointed to read that as I thought there was no processing whatsoever. SL did issue one or two tracks for free in all resolutions available so comparison could be made. Would be interesting if they did the same for the OneMic recordings with/without processing.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺