IGNORED

Article: Sound Liaison - One Mic Recordings

12 hours ago, esldude said:

I think an issue with the Carmen Gnomes recording is the vocalist and drummer wearing headphones.  

Don't want to be b*tchy but seriously these are not the most accomplished musicians around... I am very much in the camp of music first, audiophilia second...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

3 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Yes, there are exceptions and I do have a couple of Tod's MA recordings.

Yes. MA Recordings are amazing. For example, "Sera Una Noche" is actually an ensemble of very well known and accomplished Argentinian musicians (I am Argentinian, btw). However, lets be clear: MA Recordings has, say 50 albums at most? Hardly a label.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

1 hour ago, oso said:

But to my ear these sounds very different, much better on speakers, compared to the Chesky, that´s for sure.

I've listened to a sample track from Sound Liaison: Carmen Gomes's "A Fool For You". Comparing this to Amber Rubarth's Chesky release "Songs From The 17th Ward" is a no-brainer: Chesky is much better in my system (and the music itself is great). To be specific, try "A Kiss To Build A Dream On" in this album...

system pics

1 hour ago, esldude said:

I just listened to both, and it is not much of a contest. 

Chesky is better over headphones.  Sound Liaison is better over speakers.  

In My System, To My Ears the Chesky recording has a tonality, decay, space around instruments, and presence of the singer's voice that the Sound Liaison does not (to that degree). I am not talking headphones.

system pics

1 hour ago, esldude said:

Which speakers were you using just out of curiosity? 

See my signature.

Or go to http://goo.gl/66fjxw

system pics

12 hours ago, STC said:

Couldn't believe some of the comments here. Some people who go extra miles to get the best possible sound and in the process very unlikely to make profit like the big labels. Probably, they would do better with people who really appreciate music and SQ for what it is without prejudice. It amazes me that no whatsoever appreciation for their effort. There is nothing wrong with the recordings and even if it is then as "audiophiles" make them to sound good. 

Sometimes, when we are too familiarized with one type of the sound we tend to miss out on other equally good recordings.

Two things:

1- Yes, it is a bit ruthless, but honest I think. Some people will dig a high quality recording and be more open minded - even tolerant of less than stellar musical performance - and that is ok, for them.

2- I don’t think anyone posting opinions on this thread had any mean intent.

system pics