IGNORED

Discussion of Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches and miscellaneous chatter about SFP modules (started with OT posts from EtherREGEN thread)

Anybody knows if there is a meaningful difference (soundwise) between Cisco Catalyst 2960 WS-C2960-8TC-S and WS-C2960-8TC-L? Can't find a S unit around here and Cisco's website doesn't tell much. The L is Base Layer and 30W while the S is Lite Entry Layer and 20W. Whatever that means 😊

On 6/12/2019 at 4:15 AM, Superdad said:

Well that is the point! :D Though of course everyone will just have to wait to find out.   

I too have experienced the nice boost that a decent switch can make.  This particular Cisco Catalyst 2960 WS-C2960-8TC-S -- originally about $600, now $22 used on eBay was a lovely and surprising enhancement to my system (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Cisco-WS-C2960-8TC-S-Catalyst-2960-Series-8-1T-SFP-Port-Switch-LAN-Lite/282887525803?). Biggest bang for the buck I ever got. (thanks for the tip @lmitche!)

Are these sonic improvements with the 2960 accomplished through optics, ethernet or both?