IGNORED

Discussion of Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches and miscellaneous chatter about SFP modules (started with OT posts from EtherREGEN thread)

3 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Keep in mind they take a LONG time to boot compared to instant start consumer switches. 

Ordered one as well.  Just a question or two: does the switch from nfdtrading come with any manuals, and will resetting to factory default bring the switch to an unmanaged state?  I’d like to avoid any chance of it messing up my existing network environment.  If so, any gotcha’s in how to get to the switch so that it can be reset?  I’m assuming there’s some login userid/password and default IP or if using DHCP I”ll find it on my network easily enough.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

• 2 weeks later...

Hope someone can help:

Got  the switch on eBay, and reset to factory, based on documentation from Cisco site..  However, the factory reset does not reset the user/password to how it left the factory it seems.  I get no positive results using cisco/cisco or Cisco/cisco or Admin/cisco, no user/cisco, etc.  I suspect it has the last owner's user/password in place...

When I try to telnet into the Cisco I get "Password required, but none set".  Any idea on how to fix that?  And I've not found any Cisco documentation that suggests how to fix it either.

FYI: I've got a Mac (no Windows system).  Not really familiar with using telnet options that might pass to the Cisco to allow it to let me in.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates