IGNORED

Discussion of Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches and miscellaneous chatter about SFP modules (started with OT posts from EtherREGEN thread)

I guess it is my fault for mentioning the Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960-8TC-S (originally about $650, now about $25 on eBay) as a cheap and cheerful upgrade while folks await the radically different from anything on the planet EtherREGEN.

Lots of discussion ensued, including about SFP modules, etc. All of which was wildly off-topic and a distraction in the EtherREGEN thread.

So I have moved it all here. Feel free to continue in whatever direction you desire... :D

• 11 months later...
19 minutes ago, nkbg said:

Does anyone know how to configure the SFP port on a 2960 to be a LAN/downlink port?

I’m don’t know that you need to do anything to configure it. When I tested my 2960 feeding the EtherREGEN I just stuck SFP transceivers in each and attached the fiber cable.  Worked fine. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, who said:

I'm new to this forum. Let me help with your question.

On behalf of Audiophile Style and UpTone Audio, welcome to the forum! And it’s quite generous that your first post here is to share your knowledge and assist others with the answer to a tech question. Thanks very much for that. Looking forward to seeing what else you might contribute.

Regards,

—Alex C.