IGNORED

US-CERT Alert: Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2. 2008, 2008 R2 Vulnerability

Users of Windows Server versions above should be aware of this vulnerability alert issued by the Cybersecurity and and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Microsoft Operating Systems BlueKeep Vulnerability

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 hour ago, Allan F said:

Users of Windows Server versions above should be aware of this vulnerability alert issued by the Cybersecurity and and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Microsoft Operating Systems BlueKeep Vulnerability

Why didn't you mention Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7?

It looks like Windows 8 and 10 are not affected. :)

mQa is dead!

24 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Why didn't you mention Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7?

It looks like Windows 8 and 10 are not affected. :)

Because relatively few people run music servers on those platforms today. The fact that Windows 8 and 10 are apparently unaffected is important to many in this community.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

7 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Because relatively few people run music servers on those platforms today. The fact that Windows 8 and 10 are apparently unaffected is important to this community.

Since the original post was in the General Forum,  I didn't realize you were focusing in on music servers. 

mQa is dead!

35 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Since the original post was in the General Forum,  I didn't realize you were focusing in on music servers. 

I thought that the post would attract more attention in the General Forum. But you raise a valid point. Users of Windows 7 should take note. OTOH, I doubt that there are very many still using Windows 2000, XP or Vista.