IGNORED

Article: Radiohead Gets Hacked, Sells 18 Hour Archive For £18

I am not a big fan of Radiohead, although there are quit some tracks that I like.

I just bought  the Minidisc collection, downloading right now, help Radiohead to make a point (and probably unexpected lots of 'extra' money)

I really like their move and attitude. 

Dirk

Hovwever, minidisc ????

29 minutes ago, mansr said:

Minidisc is not lossless.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that the lineage of the original leak, which was put out in 192k MP3, was unclear. Presumably Radiohead’s FLAC release of the same material is closer to whatever the Mindisc ATRAC sounded like. Lossless to the source (the minidisc), in other words, not lossless to whatever the original recordings that went onto the minidiscs were.

5 hours ago, wgscott said:

This works out well for Radiohead and all of the Radiohead-heads and not the extortionist.  I am going to take the good AudioDoctor's advice.

I can see slimy record labels using this as a marketing tactic in the future. Claiming a “hack” to generate buzz followed by a special release. 

Maybe I’m a bit cynical. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I can see slimy record labels using this as a marketing tactic in the future. Claiming a “hack” to generate buzz followed by a special release. 

Maybe I’m a bit cynical. 

I purchased the FLAC, downloaded and listened about half way through the first (>1 hour) track! Considering that the OK Computer material has been rereleased, I trust that this was not merely a marketing tactic. As I am a big fan, the outtakes and alternates and clips are terrific. Radiohead also releases videos of  full concerts on youtube. They have been pioneers in alternate marketing strategies in the digital era, but I suspect make most of their $$$ the old fashioned way by touring, t-shirts, CDs etc...

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

I bought this as well. No time to listen right now!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain