IGNORED

Article: Volumio Collaboration With Audiophile Style & Superphonica

Volumio running on a Raspberry PI lets you addin RoonBridge; this isn't a Pi. Acc'd to the Roon Community it is possible on Tinkerboard HW: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-bridge-on-an-asus-tinkerboard/63815/15

You would think with all the effort they've put in to making this an "audiophile" device, they'd add a Roon Bridge plugin, so a "click" installs it. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

29 minutes ago, PeterG said:

I'm a big fan of AS, but I must say this makes me uncomfortable--you will be reviewing a product on which you are directly benefiting from the sale.

I make zero money on the sale of new items. The sale of used items (our 1% commission) benefits AS by paying for writers, which benefits the readers including you. 

If you see this as a problem, that’s ok. I see it as less of a problem than manufacturers just writing us checks directly for advertising. 

No worries though. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Volumio running on a Raspberry PI lets you addin RoonBridge; this isn't a Pi. Acc'd to the Roon Community it is possible on Tinkerboard HW: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-bridge-on-an-asus-tinkerboard/63815/15

You would think with all the effort they've put in to making this an "audiophile" device, they'd add a Roon Bridge plugin, so a "click" installs it. 

Hello and thanks for your comment concerning Roon. 

For the Primo we have decided since the beginning to go  the Official Roon Ready way which is a better overall user experience. 

regards

41 minutes ago, AndreVOLUMIO said:

Hello and thanks for your comment concerning Roon. 

For the Primo we have decided since the beginning to go  the Official Roon Ready way which is a better overall user experience. 

regards

Okay, but I looked at the Web page and it isn’t listed as Roon Ready. Does that mean it hasn’t been certified yet and will be in an update?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)