IGNORED

Basic streaming question

Browniesbane

Question

I’m just about to switch my music library to a Innuos mkiii mini from a iMac running audirvana. I will connect the innuos directly to one dac  and by network to a mrendu and a  Urendu. I’m confused by a statement in the innuos manual that when using upnp playback is managed through the network players control interface. Since the sonicorbiter os controlling the rendu doesn’t have capacity to select or search files, does that mean I have to introduce a separate upnp app to  control playback? Are there apps out there for this, and could I use some other output mode such as squeeze lite with ipeng

Of course Roon is an option. 

1 answer to this question

23 minutes ago, Browniesbane said:

I’m just about to switch my music library to a Innuos mkiii mini from a iMac running audirvana. I will connect the innuos directly to one dac  and by network to a mrendu and a  Urendu. I’m confused by a statement in the innuos manual that when using upnp playback is managed through the network players control interface. Since the sonicorbiter os controlling the rendu doesn’t have capacity to select or search files, does that mean I have to introduce a separate upnp app to  control playback? Are there apps out there for this, and could I use some other output mode such as squeeze lite with ipeng

Of course Roon is an option. 

The Rendu series supports control via Kazoo with DLNA, Logitech Media Server with SqueezeLite, and Roon with RoonReady, etc.