The Computer Audiophile

Article: The Best of Munich Wasn't At The 2019 High End Show

Rate this topic

Chris, did you get to hear those Wisdom speakers? If so, do you remember what model.  I've always wanted hear their take on planar magnetic technology but they have very few venders nationwide.

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

More like this!  Wonderful read and photos.  Thank you.  I have found it rare in the states to find a store that gets the sound right, never mind having a broader vision of music and art.  

Roon / Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

I have never seen a store like that.  Wonderful! So well curated and clean.  Great themes.  The care and planning that goes into that is just amazing.

Chris thanks for sharing.

Chris that main room looks amazing!  Have to wonder how the folks who spent all the effort to put on the show would feel about reading your headline. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience at my sound  but maybe that can stand alone rather than be comparative.  Just my 2 cents.  Keep up the good work, Karl 

This is the best shop I've been to. Did they drop the Pass, Spectral and Soulution gear ?

Adam

PC: Hot rodded CAPS v4 Pipeline: Teradak ATX linear PSU, Jcat Femto USB card, UpTone Audio JS-2 + 2x LPS-1.2 combo, Jcat SSD battery PSU, Jcat SATA cable, TotalDAC D1 USB cable, SOtM sMS-200, W4S Recovery USB, Jcat USB Isolator, Win 2012, AO v2.10

Digital: Lampizator Pacific DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

7 hours ago, Elberoth said:

This is the best shop I've been to. Did they drop the Pass, Spectral and Soulution gear ?

Those brands appear on his website:  https://my-sound.net/product-overview/   Nice website.

Roon / Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

one has to consider that a listening room as visually pleasing as that one will certainly affect SQ perceptions

- not that the gear isn't of the highest quality

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

The cakes at the bakery looked like the best part of all.  😁

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

no-mqa-sm.jpg

2 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

The cakes at the bakery looked like the best part of all.  😁

Not the only one we have here in Starnberg and the surroundings. I know a couple of nice and good ones!

I don't easily get tears in my eyes when reading something. But now I have ...

Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

"Wolfgang shot these images during his travels over the years and had them printed on acoustically transparent material. Behind the images are systematically placed acoustic panels for diffusion and absorption."

Brilliant idea - wonder how difficult it would be to "DIY" something like that. (Source the acoustically transparent material and the acoustic panels, have the printing done from photos you've taken....)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

39 minutes ago, Jud said:

"Wolfgang shot these images during his travels over the years and had them printed on acoustically transparent material. Behind the images are systematically placed acoustic panels for diffusion and absorption."

Brilliant idea - wonder how difficult it would be to "DIY" something like that. (Source the acoustically transparent material and the acoustic panels, have the printing done from photos you've taken....)

Like anything, once you know how to do it, it's easy :~)

I think Wolfgang put in a lot of time finding the right materials and printing house etc... I don't want to give away his solution. 

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica