IGNORED

the damping factor rule.

1 hour ago, STC said:

When you say bass, I think you meant mid bass.

This could be very true and I would not ignore that. But supposed we could agree on this, then now there's a whole plethora of causes in order. Actually everything in the chain influences it. Btw, this is also how the difference in forward vs laid back emerges.

But true, assuming that such a speaker is not capable of showing any real bass at all (unless distorted which can be very very acceptable to many if not most because often you wouldn't know the difference with undistorted - not even for a low pipe organ unless you know the organ itself), it is very likely that STC is right. Thus, if the speaker can't show real bass in the first place, you can't be in lack of that suddenly (again, see your other thread). But the mid (maybe lower mid) is a matter of where the frequency emphasis is, and these days we know that a stupid configurable USB cable already can do that the most easily, hence the proven truth in that. And now you suddenly don't new speakers (or a sub) at all, but need again to find the culprit or find the tweak to get it right. Try different playback software, for fun. You will see how that alone makes a difference (stay away from EQ means). But the electrical behavior of your system is more important.

Anyway, I think that STC's idea of your problems is the idea of the day. I would put money on that ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Maybe is right maybe i mean mid bass.

What do you mean saying "these days we know that a stupid configurable USB cable already can do that the most easily, hence theproven truth in that"?

so  better to try other speaker than taking a sub?!

About software i am very happy with roon?!you guys?!

6 hours ago, Flyman said:

What do you mean saying "these days we know that a stupid configurable USB cable already can do

Start at the end and read back a little.

Btw, by no means I intend to say that this is thee solution for you, but it proves how much a USB cable can do in this realm. This is about bass, highs, flat sound, holographic sound (all or way more or way less) and actually what not. And in this case it is all about the same cable but different means of shielding (against incoming radiation but also against outbound radiation from the USB cable itself).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

On 6/8/2019 at 12:10 AM, Flyman said:

1) harbeth c7es

2)tidal or mine flac songs.

is a difficult finding a stand speaker nearfield that have bass. I never find any.

Ok.

I've  now read the product description of the Hegel D190... its an integrated amp/DAC/DLNA endpoint

The  Harbeth C7-ES3 is a mid sized speaker

From all I've read Hegel builds fine analog electronics, low risk there for bass capability, ditto for the Harbeth's. If your source solution

passes good bass signal, you should hear it down to 40 hz.

Most likely problem area is the digital section of the Hegel, especially the DLNA endpoint function as streaming tech has rapidly evolved

over the past 5 years.

I would suggest that you compare an external  DLNA USB input to check your system bass, perhaps you can borrow an Aurender, or Lumin

USB source from a local dealer?  If you feel comfortable with DIY, Audiolinux headless as DLNA endpoint running on a NUC with good PS works very well

but less likely you can "borrow" to compare.

I can tell you that its common for source solutions not to do justice to bass intonation... sound "blenderized", fake.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Ahh, I see that you also use Roon... which will also sound better if you have a good USB endpoint. @PeterSt hes not there yet for separate USB cable if he is using

the Hegel as an all-in-one box solution in UPNP mode with Roon ... but as soon as he steps into an external USB source the Lush 2 does come into play

(as well as the possibility to use Roon RAAT protocol with a native Roon endpoint)😉

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

as dac/streamer i have the 851n and not the hegel's dac. My bad.

I am playing usually with roon as end point the rpi 3 using usb to 851n dac.

it will be a help telling me if other way works better.

the rpi3 powered with ifi ipower...and also i have the iusb ifi nano.