IGNORED

the damping factor rule.

Hey guys.

I just want to finish my system. Getting some panels and a better possition i still notice a lack of bass. I check everything to my system everything is ok. I know my speaker don't have a the boom bass but i don't think that is the thing.

1) Searching some info for my amp....hegel h190....i noticed the damping factor to 4000. Very expensive ab amps don't have so much damping factor...only hydrid and class d does(what's why i don't like the bass?). Somewhere i find a guy saying that the too much damping factor kills the bass.is it right?! Also some of my friends saying the same. Hegel answers that the damping factor doesn't kill the bass....it just controlled and that is a personal taste. 

what do you believe?!

2) i live in a small village and it is difficult to demo an amp. Theoretically with a 851n as preamp......and a lets say rotel 1582 i will loose sound quality and 3d imaging?! what amp you suggest to 3000euros?! in the past some friends bring me here some amps....cyrus,naim and lfd but i didn't like them.

thanx guys

Well which is the best option for me now.

adding subwoofer will be not a good idea?!

delay time( not the same distance and high as the other speakers), imaging(one woofer for 2channel?), connection. Also is a bad thing playing the same freq mid bass and the sub.  i know subs have crossover but the point is boost some freq....and if i do that some freq will be played from the sub and mid bass as a result poor sound quality.

also a resistance ,between amp and speaker, i don't think will be a good idea.

I just saying my thought in order to tell me your opinion. For sure you know much more from me.

So i can try the resistor somehow.low cost as you say.

I think none of bookshelf have a good bass that i am looking for?! If you know some could you please tell me?!

The problem with subs as told is imaging,placing is the right position to take the same delay like your speakers,height and crossovering not to play the same freq.

So speaking for subs....as i see is very difficult to put a sub into a system. This must do a professional. Am i right?!

if not some advices for which sub and some tips placement will be a good hand. Some guys as i see they place them behind the speaker....but me i will placement at the same height of midrange or just above of them.

i have foobar.....do you think can try eq in foobar?! So puting 3db in 50hz and After dicrease smoothly to 200hz?!

yeap the low end is correctly but it isn't enough...i want better push. I don't know if i understand corrctly where you saying high mass mounting. My speakers is placed is open frame stands.do you think that may be a problem also?!

I have rew and umik and some measurments if this helps.

I am living in a small village and pros don't come here.that's why i am asking if i can make it work.

I find only one eq in foobar. Please if you could tell which other you mean it could be a help.

i will send you the songs when i will go home.thanx a lot!

i try to eq from foobar. i try to +3db the 55hz and get the 77 +2db and 110hz +1db.

Also i try +6db with smooth it down db up to 220Hz. This was the worst.

I try to leave the 55Hz to zero and - the other and was better....but not such a thing. I try both -3db and 6db. If i understand well harbeth doesn't have bass at all....or the something else i am missing.

thanx for the detailed answer.

I agree with you. I think the speakers can't afford the eq and they don't listen at it. Some B&w i had before was better than harbeth. So the first problem i think is the speakers....and maybe after the amp.

I am thinking to try a sub....but i don't know if that will make the things better.

Some suggestions for sub to 400e and any opinion for buying a sub?!

thanx again

Maybe is right maybe i mean mid bass.

What do you mean saying "these days we know that a stupid configurable USB cable already can do that the most easily, hence theproven truth in that"?

so  better to try other speaker than taking a sub?!

About software i am very happy with roon?!you guys?!

as dac/streamer i have the 851n and not the hegel's dac. My bad.

I am playing usually with roon as end point the rpi 3 using usb to 851n dac.

it will be a help telling me if other way works better.

the rpi3 powered with ifi ipower...and also i have the iusb ifi nano.